Chapter 1: That Robot

It's been two weeks since the incident with that stupid robot. You hadn't seen him around town, you had no idea where he was.

“I'm going to work, sweetie!” Zach called to you.

“Alright, love you!” You said back.

Zach came to the living room to kiss your lips and then left. You hummed happily. It was almost time for Frisk to be picked up, so you grabbed your jacket and house keys before leaving the house.

It was a nice day, so you decided to walk to the new school that a goat lady named Toriel started. You liked Toriel. She was super sweet and kind. She reminded you of a nurturing mother. She was only a teacher there.

You walked alone. It was a longer walk than you thought and since you were alone, it just made it even more eerie.

“um, excuse me, miss……mind if we join you?” a quiet voice asked.

You looked behind you and saw a little white ghost with a little smile and…

Mettaton.

“And why do you want to join me?” You asked through gritted teeth, eyes glaring at Mettaton.

“you looked lonely………you could use some walking buddies………if it's okay.”

You couldn't help the smile forming on your lips from the little ghost’s suggestion.

“Sure, ghostie. I'm (y/n). What's your name?” You asked as you continued walking.

“i’m napstablook and this is my cousin, mettaton.”

“Mettaton and I have already met,” you said, trying not to growl.

“oh, really? ………mettaton, you were always one to be known.”

“Yeah, I guess,” Mettaton seemed nervous.

“are you okay? ………you seem nervous……and you aren't really saying much………”

“I'm fine,” Mettaton faked a smile. “Everything is fine. H-How's Zachary?”

“He's been fine for the past two weeks,” you told him. “Thanks for asking, not like it changes anything.”

You saw the school and kids were running everywhere. You spotted Frisk talking to a yellow monster with no arms, a striped yellow shirt, and long tail.

“Mommy!” Frisk cheered and hugged you.

“Hello, Ms. (L/n)!” the monster nodded.

“Hey, Frisk, who’s your new friend?” You asked.

“His name’s Timmy. I met him back in the Underground,” Frisk told you.

“Ah, well it’s always good to make new friends,” you smiled and ruffled Frisk’s hair.

“Whoa! You know Mettaton?! Dude! That is so cool! Can I get an autograph?!” Timmy cheered excitedly.

“Uh…of course, little buddy,” Mettaton smiled a little and signed a picture of himself and gave it to Timmy.

“Thanks, Mettaton! I can’t wait to tell my parents about this! See ya later, Frisk!” Timmy yelled and ran off to places unknown.

“Hi, Mettaton,” Frisk smiled sympathetically.

“Hey, Frisk,” he replied quietly.

Frisk knew about the RESET, Mettaton lost it all.

“Aah, good afternoon, (y/n),” greeted Frisk’s favorite teacher and godmother, Toriel. “How are you today?”

“Hello, Toriel, I’m fine, how are you?” you smiled.

“I am fine as well, thanks. I should get going. See you tomorrow, Frisk.”

“See you tomorrow, momster,” Frisk hugged Toriel as she giggled slightly at the pun.

“Alright, come on, Frisk, time to go,” you held his hand. “Will you two be okay?”

“oh…yeah, we’ll be fine……right, mettaton?” Napstablook looked up at the frowning star.

“Yeah, darling. Let’s go,” Mettaton sighed as he started walking the opposite way.

“What’s his problem?” you asked crossing his arms.

“i dunno……he’s been like this ever since we crossed the barrier,” Napstablook shrugged. “i’ve never seen him like this before………he cries every day, even more than i cry………he’s been moping around everywhere………his energetic, flamboyant, high spirits have vanished and i have no idea why. it kinda makes me feel bad………i wonder what’s bugging him.”

“Have you tried asking him?” Frisk asked curiously.

“yeah, but he doesn’t say anything………he doesn’t even make an effort to become a star on the surface………that’s a bit too depressing for my taste.”

You smiled. “Well, whatever he’s so upset about, he deserves it.”

“w-what? what do you mean?”

“It’s karma, for what he did to Zach two weeks ago,” you began to walk away.

“Mom, it’s not like he injured him or anything,” Frisk spoke up. “If you gave him a chance, maybe you’ll-”

“Are you arguing against me?” you asked him.

“No, that’s not what I’m saying…you’re just…you’re so quick to judge.”

“He could’ve harmed your father and you think I’m quick to judge?”

Frisk stayed quiet for the rest of the walk home.

Mettaton’s POV~

“mettaton, why won’t you talk to me?” asked my cousin for the fifth time in a row.

“Leave me alone, Blooky,” I said morosely as I lay on my bed face first on the pillow. “I just want to be left alone.”

“mettaton, i’m worried…you haven’t done anything in the past two weeks………you haven’t even made an effort to become the star you were in the underground………where’s that high spirit that always kept me going?”

I replied with silence and continued to listen to my cousin drone on about how depressed I was and how I should get up and do something and blah blah blah!

“YOU KNOW WHAT BLOOKY, MAYBE I HAD A HIGH SPIRIT FOR MYSELF!!!” I snapped, oil tears running down my face. “MAYBE I DON’T WANNA DO ANYTHING!! MAYBE I’M HEARTBROKEN!! MAYBE IT’S OKAY THAT I’M DEPRESSED RIGHT NOW BECAUSE I’M TAKING THIS TOO HARD!!! I DON’T CARE ABOUT BEING A STAR ANYMORE!!! I…I just want her back.”

“who...who do you want back?” I heard Napstablook squeak in fear and I realized what I just did, which made me cry even more.

“I’m so sorry for snapping at you, Blooky,” I hugged the ghost. “I didn’t mean to snap at you…I never wanted to hurt you. Please forgive me. I’m just…going through a hard time, that’s all.”

I saw him give a little smile. “it’s okay, mettaton, i understand.”

~~~

And there you go! The first chapter of the sequel! I hope you guys enjoy this, cuz I don't think this story is as good as the first one. Idk, I'll leave that for you to decide! Alright, I'm gonna leave it here, you know what to do if you loved it. See you later! Bye! :)