Chapter 5: Hanging Out With a Non-Killer Robot

You heard a knock on the door and stood up to get it. It was Mettaton.

“Hello, (y/n),” he smiled.

“Hi there, Mettaton, is it four already?” You asked and checked your phone.

The robot giggled quietly.

“Are you ready to go?” He asked.

“Yeah, just let me grab my purse,” you said and ran back to grab your purse.

When you returned, he offered an arm and you took it, letting him lead you out the door. He opened the door for you and drove you to his house.

“Cute house,” you commented.

“Thanks, darling, but it's not mine, I'm staying over with my cousin,” he explained. “This is Blooky’s house.”

“Oh…okay then,” you stated awkwardly.

The two of you got out of the car and into the house. You saw Napstablook, the ghost that joined you on your walk to get Frisk.

“Hello, Napstablook,” you greeted with a smile.

“…oh, hello…what are you doing here?” The little ghost asked confused.

“I didn't tell you that (y/n) was coming over?” Mettaton asked.

“…oh yeah……that's right, i forgot…”

“That's alright, Napstablook,” you giggled and pat his head.

“…so, uh…i guess i should let you two have fun…i, uh, gotta go meet shyren anyway.”

And just like that, Napstablook was gone. You looked at Mettaton expectantly.

“So, what do you wanna do?” He asked.

“I dunno,” you shrugged. “Wanna bake a cake or something?”

“That's a wonderful idea, darling!” Mettaton cheered.

“Okay then, let's do this thing!” You enthused as well.

Mettaton led you to the kitchen and the two of you pulled out the ingredients for a devil’s food cake.

“This is gonna be fun,” Mettaton laughed as he poured the cake mix in the bowl.

“And delicious,” you smiled as you cracked eggs.

You also poured the water carefully so Mettaton wouldn't get splashed.

“Oh, and by the way,” you noted as you began to mix the ingredients, “I call dibs on the bowl!!”

“What!? No way!” Mettaton yelled back.

You giggled as you continued mixing. Mettaton decided to heat the oven.

“If you wanna lick the bowl, you mix the cake mix!” you called out.

Mettaton skipped over really quickly and held his hands out to take the mixer and bowl. You smirked slyly and mixed a little to the side so it spilled a little cake mix on Mettaton’s nose. You couldn't help but laugh at his shocked face. You had to stop the mixer you were laughing so hard. Mettaton just stood there still as if trying to figure out what just happened.

Suddenly, you stopped and fell to the ground as you recalled something.

‘…“Sounds good, go make some,” ??? shooed you.

“What?” You asked shocked.

“I'm afraid I spoil you too much, darling.” ??? smirked.

You pouted and stayed seated. Your stomach growled loudly and you blushed.