11 ~ Around the Campfire. I warn Pan that I am dangerous.

The campfire that night is blazing, lighting up the forest surrounding the middle tree. Just as before, the boys dance around. When Pan begins to play his pipe, the music fills my ears. I smile, wanting to dance like everyone else. "Dance with me, Henry." I stretch out my hand to him.

"What?" He looks slightly out of it. "Dance to what?"

"The music, duh." I say.

"What music?" He looks up, confused. "I don't hear anything."

We look up as Pan comes over, looking at Henry. The music stops.

"Henry, I want you to listen." He starts playing again. I wonder what he's doing. Henry just looks confused.

"Sorry." He shrugs. "I don't hear anything."

"Curious. Only those who have truly lost their sense of belonging can hear it." Pan drops his hand, his pipe magically still playing without him touching it.

"Well I don't hear it." Henry says, lying down on the ground. "And I'm going to sleep."

"You're no fun." I pout.

"You want to dance?" Peter Pan looks mischevious.

"I... no... not with you." I step backwards, towards the fire, the blazing heat is comforting.

"You are my lost girl." Pan whispers in my ear. I flinch, turning around to see him behind me.

"What do you want?" I ask crossly. "What do you want with me?"

"You're smart. You'll figure it out. Or maybe you won't... maybe when you do it will be too late." He says mysteriously. Before I can blink, we're together, dancing around the fire, the music intensifying with every step.

I close my eyes, and let the music take over. I've always been a good dancer. When the Bakers used to have balls in their living room, Shay and I would dance, quietly to ourselves, in the kitchen. And my love for music must have only come from my parents. My real parents. Wherever they are, I miss them terribly.

"You don't need a family." A voice breaks my haze. I shiver when I realize Pan must have been reading my thoughts. "Look how I've survived without them."

"And you're a... lost boy... just living in the forest of Neverland, for eternity?" I break out of his grip. The magic surrounding us seems to fade.

He raises an eyebrow. "What better life did you lead?"

"At least I had a... sort of family. I didn't kidnap people and not tell them what I wanted them for."

"That's the whole point of kidnapping." He points out.

"You're not who I thought you were." I go back to the home tree. The flowers there seem to have a calming effect on me.

"And just what was that?" He follows, rather slowly, leaving the dancing boys.

"Well... in stories - movies - you're always a cheeky blond haired kid who takes people on adventures, and lets them have fun... you're not mean-hearted and cruel."

He frowns with a slight laugh. "What made you think I was mean hearted and cruel?"

"What you're doing to Henry." I get out finally, looking over at him, sleeping peacefully. "Don't think I don't know what you're doing - filling his head with the thought that he can be a hero and save magic. I don't know what your plan is for him..." I get up, and start to walk towards him. He doesn't step back, but his cockiness fades for a moment. At least his smirk does, anyhow. "...But I will find out. And when I do, just be ready. Because I will not ever stop trying to save that boy's life. If that means giving you what you want, but from me, then so be it."

There's silence between us, as we just stare at one another. I guess he's sizing up my threat. But no matter how much more powerful he is than me, I'm telling the truth. I'm not feircely loyal over many people, but when I am, I find a way to keep my promises. Shay knew that. He'd be wise to remember that too. There is no way Ruby Parker is going down without a fight.