12 ~ A Converstaion

"TINK!" Peter Pan folds his arms impatiently as the fairy doesn't fly into view.

"Tinkerbell, get out here now. I know you're hiding here."

There's a flutter of wings, and a rather sheepish looking Tinkerbell lands before him. "What can I do for you?"

"It's what you didn't do for me that I'm more concerned about." He glares at her. "You lied to me, Tink."

"I know." She hangs her head. "But I had to. You know... what happened last time... with a girl."

"I know. That's why I don't allow girls in Neverland, because they're far too clever to become lost. But, we found one who is."

"She's going to figure it out." Tink says softly, eyes wide. "You know that."

"Maybe, maybe not." Pan shrugs, plucking a leaf from a neareby tree. "But... maybe I don't have to work with that - maybe - before she figures it out, I can let her figure something else out - something false."

"You know I'll help you." Tink says. "But I just don't want to see you get hurt again."

"I wasn't hurt." Pan scowls. "Wendy and I were never meant to be. She left me for her family."

"But she means something to you - this girl?" Tink pesists, eyes wide.

"What?" Pan looks slightly amused. "Ruby?"

"You healed her cut." She says with a slight pout.

"Jealous are we, Tink?" Pan starts to laugh. "I need her to have some sort of trust in me. If I know anything about girls, it's that they are usually fairly easy to get on your side.."

"Just be careful. She may be harmless, but I have a feeling she's stronger than she looks."

"The threat? She's just a girl." Peter snorts. "Besides, I have no feeligns for her. I only brought her here because she has something that I want - and if Henry fails I have a plan B to fall back on. Besides, she still might prove useful as leverage. Henry's family are suckers for people in danger."

Tinkerbell nods her blond head, looking pleased. "You know where I'll be if you need me." 

"I need you to help me carry out this plan." Pan stops the fairy. "We're going to let her follow a false trail."