chapter 4

J A C K

I almost got to tell her I love her on Monday. It's now Friday and she's coming to ours. I'm going to pull her aside and tell her. I have to tell her! She needs to know my true feelings. But what if Conor lied? What if she doesn't actually like me? But then she would have objected to it when I said about it. I'm so nervous!

~

Brooklyn's here and we're about to watch a movie. Conor's on popcorn duty today. This gives me a good amount of time to tell her. Now I'm feeling more nervous than ever. I don't know if I can do this! Let's hope it goes well.

I sat her on the bed, next to me.
"You okay Jack?"
"Yeah. About Monday. I want to continue with what I was saying." I also want to stop shitting myself because I'm so nervous!

"Go ahead." She seems intrigued.
"So like I was saying, I know you like me. I wanted to say that I like you too... And when I say like, I mean love. I love you." I've done it. I've confessed. This is scary stuff!

B R O O K L Y N

"Jack... I love you too. I've been wanting to tell you forever and I haven't been able to. It's been so hard being around you. I constantly make a fool of myself and mess things up. It's because I'm always so nervous about being around you."
"So now that I've said that... Will you be my girlfriend?"

He's asked the question. The one thing I've been waiting for, for 4 years now!
"Of course. I'd love to!" I've accepted. Jack is my boyfriend... JACK IS MY BOYFRIEND! He pulled me into a hug and squeezed me tight. We sat together on the bed and he let me lean into him.

Conor came back to the room and looked at us. We're under the duvet, wrapped up together. He sat next to us and just looked at us.
"Am I loosing my cuddle buddy tonight?"
"Maybe..." It's nice sleeping with conor in his bed. A little weird, but it's nice. Now I can sleep with Jack.
"Did you guys just like get together while I was downstairs?" We nodded.

"Finally! I don't have to listen to both of you rambling on about loving each other. Jack, you can't tell me each day how much you wanna ask her out or how you should. Brook, you don't need to tell me about getting butterflies or embarrassing yourself when around Jack! It was quite funny actually. I knew you liked each other but I didn't tell either of you. Anna also knew but promised not to tell."

"How long have you liked me Jack?"
"Since year 7... You?" Wow.
"Year 7 too. But like the very start of year 7. When I first saw you really."
"It was when you started becoming good friends with Conor that I started properly liking you."
"It's crazy that we've gone all these years liking each other and only just doing something about it!"

Instead of talking, we decided to shut up and actually watch the film. I snuggled into Jack and he wrapped his arm around me. Conor got under the duvet and sat with us. I'm currently in a Maynard sandwhich. It's very comfy here!

T H E  N E X T  M O R N I N G

I walked downstairs with Jack and Conor to get breakfast. We sat at the table and their mum, Helen, brought us all fry up. I do love her! She's like an actual mum to me.

"So Jack, what are you thinking of doing today?"
"Spending the day with you of course, because I love you." I blushed a little. Conor smiled at us.
"Well I can't wait to spend the day together!" Their mum, dad and Anna came to sit at the table with us. Jack looked at me and smiled.

"What?"
"I love you. You're so cute. You know that?" I felt myself blushing again. Everyone looked at us. Anna was first to speak up.
"You're finally admitting it Jack. You've told her you love her. Now you need to tell Jack you love him."
"Already have..." She started freaking out.

"Wait are you two like a thing now? Is Jacklyn real?!" Jacklyn? What the fuck?
"Okay 1, we're a thing, yes. 2, what's Jacklyn?" Jack asked.
"Jacklyn is your ship mame that me and Anna came up with." Thanks for that one Conor.

I do love the Maynard family. They treat me like I'm a part of it. Their mum and dad are so nice to me and make me happy and laugh. Their dad is like an actual dad to me, considering mine isn't around much. Their mum is amazing and treats me like her own since she knows what happened to my real mum. They're all there for me and that's what I love most about them!

(I can't remember when i 'introduce' her real mum to the story.)