The spider demon and the human

Anna's pov.

i was walking to my house that was more like a broken down green house by a manor that had been abandoned for years. i lived alone and had been for years but it didn't bother me much seeing as how no one noticed me when i was at work. i was lucky as a girl my age to get a job as a bar maid even if i was fifteen. i sit on the little stool that i used to put on my make up and do up my hair. seeing as how i worked late at night i sleep for most of the day and get a free meal before and after work if i get in early. i was well educated for someone of my statics only because of the few older men who saw me as their daughter so they would teach me how to read, write, music and languages. tonight was a special night because it was the return of some earl who had gone missing years ago. i was helping to serve at this party that was being thrown and was more than happy to work because of the pay.

i brush out my long red hair that made my violet eyes stand out. i know they were odd and no one else had them but my mother and her family. i get ready quickly and head to work where i was greeted by the owners son who had tried several times to bed me, not that i wold ever be with him. "Anna what are you doing here? my father said you weren't working until later or are you here for me?" he ask and i give a soft sigh. "your father asked me to come in early to help get things ready for the earl's party." i say as i walk around the boy who was a few years older than myself. "you can't go in there." he yelps and pulls me back but not before a butler with gold eyes and glasses sees me. "is that girl going to be working tonight?" the butler asks and my boss nods. the butler smiles a little. "i'll be taking her with me now to help set up before hand. that is alright with you correct?" the butler asks his eyes never leaving me and i couldn't help but shiver a little under his gaze. "you can, she is a hard worker that will be helpful no matter what." my boss says and his son stiffens as well as tightens his hold on my arm making me wince a little and look away from the golden eyed butler.

"you can't do this! she has to be here and help me get the wine ready." his son yells. i hear footsteps and close my eyes a little afraid that this boy might hurt me. i was pulled from his hold and open my eyes to look into the butler's chest. "we will be going now, please don't be late." the butler says before he leads me out of the tavern to a carriage that was nearby. i look at it a little uncertain as the butler starts to climb on it. "do you need help up?" the butler asks me and i nod my head a little. he sighs softly before picking me up by my waist and setting me down on the carriage before getting up into the seat next to me. "my name is Claude Faustus butler to the Trancy house what is your name?" he says before looking over at me. we were moving at a fast pace and i was a little fearful of this thing seeing as how i have never been on one before now. "Anna, my name is Anna." i say as i look up at him and he frowns a little. "do you not have a last name?" he asks and i nod my head a little. "i do not." i say and Claude frowns a little.

when we get to the manor i was a little shocked by how big it looked. Claude gets off before reaching up and taking me down. "your going to be helping me today. my young master is a little impatient so please hummer him." Claude says as we walk. i nod my head and was silent as i look around the place, this was much nicer than the manor that i lived by mostly because it was clean and new rather than old and rundown. Claude stops and i run into him blushing a little as i take a few small steps back from him when he turns a little to look at me. "i'm sorry Mr. Faustus." i whisper and he gives a soft chuckle before turning back to the doors in front of us.

Claude's pov.

this girl was entertaining but i knew who she was the moment my eyes fell on her. she was my mate, my other half. it was funny that such a girl had come into my life at a time like this but i couldn't afford to show her kindness around my bratty master who i am sure would try to hurt her. i stop to knock on the door and feel something small and warm run into my back. i turn a little to look at Anna who was blushing madly making her pale skin look alive. "i'm sorry Mr. Faustus." she whispers and i chuckle softly before looking at the door. i knock on it and my master yells for me to come in. i walk in quickly and can hear Anna's soft footsteps behind me."Master this is Anna, she works at the tavern we hired for the party." i say as i glance over at my mate who was looking around the room with wide eyes before she looks up at my master then quickly at the ground. "it's a pleases to meet you Earl Trancy." she says in a soft tone before curtsying which was really good for someone who wasn't a woman of means. "she's so cute Claude can i keep her? i think she would make this place better." my master says a lustful spark in his eyes and i had to fight back the growl that wanted to rip throw me. "let's see how she does tonight at the party before you do such a thing." i say as i glance over at my mate who had a fake smile on her face.