Chapter 9

Claude's pov.

i had been in the middle of punishing Anna when she had fainted into my arms making me very worried about her. i was laying her in bed when her face brushed against my neck making me stop what i was doing due to how hot her skin was against my own. i didn't like the thought of my mate being sick again so i gently lay her down before heading to the bathroom and grabbing a washcloth to dip in cold water. i walk back into the bedroom to see Anna had a flushed face and it sounded like she was having a hard time breathing. i rush to her side and place the cold wet wash cloth on her head before pull off her dress and corset and slipping on her nightgown. it worried me to no end that she was this warm with no reasoning behind it.

her breathing was starting to go back to normal but i still did not like it being so ragged sounding. i lay next to her and her body relaxes against mine as well as her breathing going back to the way it normally was. perhaps it was time to take her to a human doctor just to make sure she is truly health. the thought of that demon after her makes me start to wonder if he had done something to her when she was younger to cause all of this to prevent her true mate to finish the mating process with her. i did not like this thought but it did make some kind of scene after what had happened earlier today. i shake my head to clear my thoughts because i didn't want to believe that a demon would do such a thing to another demon like that. as Anna sleeps i let my mind wonder over everything that had happened in the last day or two.

i knew that the other demon who wanted Anna was going to make a move to get her soon and i was a little worried about what would happen then. i needed to start making a plan for when he returned. with that thought in mind i carefully got up from the bed and from Anna who whimpers lightly making me worry that i had made the wrong choice but she soon rolls over and was fast asleep again. i walk quickly up to where the trips were and they were whispering amnesty themselves like normal. Hannah wasn't around making me relax a little. "i need you three to do something for me." i say and they stop what they were doing to look at me. "like what Claude?" they all ask at the same time. normally they were not allowed to talk like this because of the rude comments and sexual implications. "i need you three to help me make a plan to stop a demon from taking Anna from the house." i say and they all frown. i had seen the way that they all acted around Anna when they thought i wasn't looking. they acted like Anna was their little sister and would follow her around keeping a close eye on her. i had even noticed that they would follow Anna around even when Hannah was around but they would ignore her as they watched Anna. "why would they do that?" one of them asks and i give a soft sigh.

i tell them the whole story and they look about as mad as i had been when i first heard it. "we aren't going to let him hurt her let alone take her." one of them growls out and i was starting to think asking them for help was the best idea ever. they didn't take long in giving me suggestions or even to start making plans of their own just in case something was to go wrong. they all knew about the plan to take Ciel's soul as our own but they were willing to give it up to keep Anna safe. if it truly came down to it i would give up that soul just to stay with my Anna because i wasn't willing to put her throw my death in the long run. after a few hours planing things out with the triplets and them agreeing not to tell Hannah about anything we talked about i walk back down to my room. Anna was still asleep and tossing in bed badly. i rush over to her and pull her body close to mine making her relax a little in my hold. she was still warm if not warmer than before making me worry more so about her. as the night goes on i was worried about how hot my mate was getting as well as the sweat that was starting to cover her face, neck, arms and legs. i could only imagine that the rest of her body was as sweat as the places that i could see. i knew it was almost time for me to leave her alone so that i could start making food for my master as well as a few other things that needed to be done. i was a little uncertain as i leave Anna alone in bed deciding that it would be best to call a doctor in to see her soon.