Day 4: Meet and Greet

I wake up around 7 am and walk around the bus for a bit. Zach is up making me coffee and spreading cream cheese on a bagel. I walk over to him and put my arms around his shoulders and sit down. He smiles and looks back at me.
"Good morning beautiful" he keeps smiling.
"Good morning, is anyone up yet?"
"Nope, kinda stinks right?"
"A little but I'm glad we can talk for little bit without worrying about other people."
"Me too." he smiles at me and I smile back.
"So, what are we doing today?" I ask.
"Well, we're going to the first meet and greet."
"Oh, so should I be nervous?"
"No," he chuckles but then sees that I'm serious. "No, you'll be with me."
"The whole time?"
"Only if you want but I'd really like it if you did." he smirks.
"We'll see about that." I jokingly say.
"Do you not like me or something?" he laughs through his words. But then gets serious. "Wait, no Allie-"
"I'm joking Zach."
"Oh my goodness you scared me. I thought you didn't like me and almost freaked out."
"Aww I'm sorry." I feel horrible but happy at the same time. I feel bad for joking like that but I'm happy because he almost freaked out. Which means that he cares about me, like... a lot.
While I'm thinking he looks at me weird.
"What is it?"
"I never realized how beautiful you were." he leans in close to me. Yes, oh my goodness yes!! It's finally happening!! Zach is gonna kiss me!! He keeps his eyes set on mine and then is nose to nose with me and then a door swings open.
"Get up!! Come on now!! We've got a show to perform here!!!" the manager comes storming in. Great, just great. Right when he was about to kiss me, this man steps in.
_____
"Oh. My. Gosh!! You're that girl that's dating Zach right?!"
I'm standing between Ariel and Weston and girls are shouting they're name and mine.
"Allie!! Are you dating Hunter?!"
"Are you dating Zach?!"
I start to get flustered and Weston grabs my hand.
"It's okay, the first one is always hard." I sorta feel reassured but I'm also nervous. I'm nervous about questions and pictures and autographs and... oh gosh. Then I feel a familiar hand on my arm. I turn and look at Zach face to face and my breathing slows down.
"Babe, it's okay." Babe? He called me babe?!
"I know it's just that I don't want to have to answer things and take this and give that and-" Zach interrupts what would've been a 30 minute rant.
"Allie, it's okay. You don't have to. Just stand with me and hold my hand. You're okay." I feel so safe. I've never felt this safe in such a busy place. I look up at him and he puts his hands on the sides of my head and kisses the top of my head.
"Follow me."
I follow him backstage and we shut the door behind us.
"I'm sorry, it's just hard."
"I know, it's still hard for me but you get used to it. Just go out there and be yourself. Don't answer any questions, just be yourself and everyone will love you.
"Zach, I've been meaning to tell you this for a long long time."
"What is it?" he looks concerned.
"I umm, well, I-" the door opens and hits the wall behind it. Loren storms in and sits on the couch with her arms crossed.
"I'm so done with Geo."
"Why?" I ask.
"He keeps sending mixed signals and I just can't be around him anymore." Zach's concerned look drops and he now looks mad.
"So why'd you have to storm in here?" Zach says angrily.
"You're backstage moron. Where else do you want me to go?"
"I don't know, not here."
"Well whatever. The show's starting, let's go."
We head to the stage...

I guess won't be able to tell Zach what I wanted to before....
I love him.