[Revised/Edited] Episode 44: The Raging Beast

-"Some things are best kept locked away."

*Nyima*

A wall of earth encased Zelde as Wanikiya and I continued to talk.

"Don't stand there," Iah yelled as he continued to build his wall. He grimaced as a pool of lava covered where Zelde stood. All of the proctors jumped back as flames rained out of the melted barrier.

Lei, on the other hand, jumped toward her and sent a glistening white sphere at her. Zelde swung her blade, a wall of fire formed over the area the blade slashed through. The sparks vanished into the flames as if they were nothing.

"Damn," Lei said as he retreated. Intense flames flew toward him.

"No!" Nuk yelled. He formed a wall of earth in front of Lei, but like Iah's, it melted from the sheer heat.

Sarah casted a water dragon but it was too slow. I couldn't hope to reach him either.

Lei pushed himself around the air, knowing that a barrier of wind wouldn't work at all. Sarah's water spell struck the flames but was instantly evaporated.

"Brother!" Yen screamed. She turned toward Hikaru. "Quick, stop time!"

Hikaru gasped, but nothing happened. "My prana is too exhausted."

Suddenly the flames were sent flying back toward Zelde. "Sorry," Adela said as she floated in front of Lei. Her eyes still remained closed as her hands trembled. "I'll... fight now."

Lei smiled. "Thanks. I... thought that was it for me."

I laughed. 'He's safe. At least for now.' My eyes focused on Zelde as flames danced around the redhead.

"More, show me more!" Eien said. A wicked grin as crazy as Zelde's covered his face. "Show me the power of one of the five Wahkan spirits."

I gasped and side eyed him. "One of the Five Spirits? They still exist?"

Wanikiya nodded as he charged into the middle of the arena. "The five spirits still very much exist." Ice covered his arm. He grasped his shirt as if his heart ached. "Damn, not now...it must be reacting to 'Great Flame' within Zelde."

Nahimana took a deep breath. "I'll stop her for you."

Wanikiya smiled, causing her face to flush. "Thanks."

"It's my duty," she said, giddy. She sent beams of darkness and light at Zelde who moved past all of them with ease.

"You need to work harder, 'Eternal Twilight'," Zelde said, smirking.

Nahimana grimaced as marking appeared around her. Her eyes flew back toward Wanikiya as he screamed in pain as ice continued to cover his body. "Prince Wani..."

Iah hit Wanikiya and Nahimana in the neck. "Don't cause us any more trouble."

"Did you have to do that?" I asked.

"Yeah," the Minese prince responded. "We already have one to deal with. We don't need three monsters."

I gazed at Zelde who had lowered her sword. Her fiery red-golden eyes were focused on the fainted Wanikiya. "'Abundant Glacier'?" Her hands clenched the black handle of the sword as she turned toward Iah. "You're not a Kyu Hyakuian, but you're also an enemy!" Raging golden flames shot out of the blade and headed straight at him.

Iah slammed the ground, shielding Wanikiya and me with an earthen wall. The wall slowly came crashing down as a pool of lava.

"Our prana veils won't last long," Orion yelled. He stared at his arms, at the blue aura covering his body. The veils were the only things keeping us from being roasted alive. Like Orion's, all of ours were starting to become very thin.