Chapter 5~ Traveling in Style

Before we could go to Guayaquil, Jez and I needed to get some of our things from our hotel room.

Obviously packing was now on a need to have bases, and we would have to be quick if we wanted to avoid Drake.

We didn't know how far behind us he was, but I was not going to wait to find out.

As we are running up the stairs to our hotel room, Jez pulls out the key and sprints to the third door on the left.

We burst into the room and grab our backpacks, filling it with the essentials: sunblock, a jacket, water bottles, and all that sort of stuff.

Jez was putting her jewelry, money, and passport in a secret compartment in her bag.

I put some extra socks, and clothes in my bag. I then went to the bathroom to get any sanitary items we may be in need of during the trip.

I go to the sink... This is not right. My entire case of contact lenses are gone. The bio true solution is gone and my glasses lay on the counter. I know I didn't put them there.

I look at my reflection in the mirror. I stare into my eyes, seeing the tiny transparent ring around my brown irises. If I didn't have my case and solution, there was no way I could wear this one pair of contacts for the whole summer. I wouldn't even be able to take them out, and that only causes problems. My aunt wore her contacts too long and got ulcers in her eyes. I wasn't risking that. Considering our current predicament, I highly doubt we have time for me to go get some at an eye doctor's. It would take way too long even if it wasn't under these circumstances.

I begin to focus on my surroundings, and on the shelf behind me where the toilet paper is kept, an envelope is propped up against the toilet paper.

Turning on my heels I look to see a cream envelope with the name Jezebel printed on it in black pen.

I gulped, and slowly take the letter off the shelf. I walk out of the bathroom to where Jez is frantically packing.

She sees me, "Heidi! Are you done packing yet? We have to go! Fallon could come in any minute!"

I stand next to her my arm stretched out with the letter.

"Heidi! you have to finish packing now! Fallon could walk..." she stops her blabbering mid sentence and looks at the envelope. "Where did you get that?"

"It was in the bathroom."

Jez took the envelope from me and opened it in one swift movement. We started reading the letter she pulled out.

Dear Jezebel Tyson,

It is so nice to finally making your acquaintance. I hope you don't mind I took the liberty of browsing your belongings. I must say while our first encounter was fun, I have things to do and people to see, so if you would just give me what I want, I would be out of your hair. Since that won't happen, know that next time we meet, you won't get off as easy as tonight.

Until next time,

D. Fallon

P.S Heidi looks much better with her glasses on, doesn't she?

I was in shock. What was this guy doing? We could have our blood splattered all over the room right now but he did this?

Jez knew what I was thinking, "Heidi, he's just trying to get into our heads. I won't let him hurt you I promise."

She hugged me, I half- heartedly returned the hug. I wasn't worried about myself but I was terrified for Jez. I couldn't let anything happen to her. I knew I would do whatever it took to keep her safe. "Come on Jez, let's finish packing."