I sat on my front porch with hot tears streaming down my face that I quickly wiped away. For some reason I expected this moment to end like it would in the movies, with the boy chasing after the girl and professing his undying love for her and they live happily ever after.

Not everything is like a fucking movie.

Isaacs car pulled into the drive way and he smiled but the smile quickly vanished when he saw I had been crying. His smile was replaced with a look of worry.

He got out and walked over to me. "Hey what's wrong?" He asked. I shook my head and smiled. "Nothing I'm fine" I said getting up. "Daria you can tell me anything" he said softly. "Um...Its nothing really lets just go" I smiled weakly. He nodded getting the hint I didn't want to talk about it.

We sat in his car for a couple moments as I dried my tears and fixed my face. "If you don't wanna go out-" he said nervously. "No it's okay let's go" I smiled. "Okay then" he smiled. He put the car in drive and my mind wandered elsewhere. All I could think of was Tom.

I tried to push him from my mind and just enjoy my time with Isaac but, I couldn't. I felt so fucking bad. It got to a point where I almost asked Isaac to take me home so I could be with him.

"Okay Dar- behold! Sombrero!" He says happily. I smile. "Nice" I reply. We get out of the car and went inside. The smell of Mexican food filled my nose.
                              ***
"Wow this is good" I say taking a bite out of my burrito. He grins. "Told you" he smiles. "I think Sombrero is the greatest gift Southern California has to offer" he says.

"Probably" I smile. I had a nice time with Isaac but I feel like I would've had an even better time with Tom. 

After our date he drove me home but we parked in my drive way for a little bit to talk. "Daria?" He asks. "Yea?" I answered looking up. "Do you...Do you wanna be my girlfriend?" He asks.

No. No. No. No. No. No. No.

"Isaac-I...I" I couldn't answer. "It's okay if you don't want to" he says quickly. "No- Isaac I just feel like we're moving to fast" I say softly. "Oh-yea I totally get it" he says with a smile. "I gotta go" I say undoing my seatbelt.
He got out of the car and walked me to my door.

"I'll see you at school" he smiles. "Yea" I say in almost a whisper. "Thanks for a great time" I say. He hugs me and I hug him back. "Bye" he both say. He turns to walk away and I dart inside. Alayna is sitting on the couch watching TV and Jonathan is sitting next to her.

"Hey guys" I say. "Hi Daria" they say. "Where's mom?" I ask. "She's taking a nap" Alayna replies. "Where's Josh and the guys?" I ask. "They left" she shrugs.
I nod and head upstairs.

I had to text Tom I had to talk to him.

Me: Tom can you please talk to me?
Me: Stop ignoring me

I set my phone down. I tried to text him when I was with Isaac but he never replied. I took my dress off and put on a pair of sweatpants and a tank top. I Laid in bed with my phone beside me waiting for Tom to reply.

I fell asleep.

When I woke the sun was just starting to set. How long was I asleep? I looked at my phone. No new messages. I sighed. Going downstairs to get a glass of water I heard laughing. It was Marks laugh that meant Tom was here.

I froze on the steps.

How was I supposed to go down there and face him? All day I wanted nothing more than to be with him and now, now here he was downstairs and I was scared to see him.