Six: Flashy

We all agreed to one plan. We split up.
Floyd and I go one way, Tatsu and George another, while Waylon and Rick stayed back, trying to break into the locked lab where the bomb was. Or, where it hopefully was.

Deadshot and I had been walking for a while, silently. My hand placed on the handle of my sword, just in case.
"Do you have a family?" I asked, looking up at him as we turned at the corner of the hallway.
"Yes." He answered. "I have a daughter."
"How old is she?" I ask.
"Fourteen." He answered. I nodded. "How about you?" He continued.
"I was adopted at a young age. No one knows who my real parents were. They just left me on the door step of some couples house." I explained.
"I see." He nodded. "You miss them?" He asked.
"I miss them. Yes. Not the contestant arguing and bottle throwing." I laughed slightly.
We heard a noise in the distance, and it silenced us. The lights were dim, and you could barely see the end of the long hallway. Floyd but a finger to his lips, as he slowly pulled his gun out. I nodded and pulled my sword out. Suddenly, a crank was running towards us out of the darkness of the hallway. Floyd began shooting it, and it finally fell. Dead. But the growls didn't end, wherever that one came from, there were tons more. One by one, they began to fill the hallway.

"GO!" Yelled Deadshot, as we began to sprint for the door

"GO!" Yelled Deadshot, as we began to sprint for the door. Before we made it through the doorway, it shut and locked on our faces. Then I heard that familiar laugh coming from the speakers.
Joker. I thought.
Floyd turned back around and began shooting at the cranks as I began slicing them, and penetrating them with my sword. The number of cranks got bigger, and our chances got smaller.

To my surprise, someone managed to bust through the door. But I didn't know who. They moved too quick for my eyes to see. But then it all made sense. Flash.

The fast, blur of red began to circle the remaining cranks, and I could see what he was doing

The fast, blur of red began to circle the remaining cranks, and I could see what he was doing. He was circling them with a rope, tying them together so they wouldn't move. As lightning flashed around him, he finally stopped and tied a knot. He looked up and saw me.
"August..." He mumbled, almost unable to believe his eyes.
He was interrupted by Floyd shooting each crank in the head, making sure they were all dead. It was easier to kill them now since they couldn't move. When he was done, he looked at the Flash, then me.
"What?" He asked, putting his pistol back in its holder.
I laughed slightly, and Floyd began walking passed the corpses, expecting us to follow.
"What're you doing here?" Asked Flash.
"I could ask the same to you. Do you know how far Central City is?" I asked, following Deadshot down the corridor. The Flash walked beside me.
"I ran." He shrugged. "But seriously, what are you doing here...? It's-"
"Dangerous." I interrupted him, rolling my eyes. "I know. I get it. But I wouldn't be here if you didn't take me to Waller in the first place."
"You surrendered!" He protested.
"You could've just taken me to regular jail!" I argued.
"August, I'm not gonna do this here. I just wanna know that you're okay..."
"Why does everyone want to know that?! I can take care of myself! I'm not a kid!" I said, walking faster so that he would stay behind. But I forgot he was the Flash for a moment there.
He quickly appeared beside me again.
"Well I care!" He continued.
"How is it you care so much I barely even know your name?!" I was now yelling.
"You don't need my name. You need to be safe."
That was it. That was the moment that I lost it.
I unsheathed my sword, and pushed the hero against the wall, my glowing blade at his throat. My eyes lit up red, signalling I was angry.
"What I need is you to leave me alone." I growled through clenched teeth.
Floyd stopped walking in front of us when he noticed the commotion going on behind him, and pulled out his gun. It aimed it at me.
"August!" He shouted at me.
"I can't do that." Said the Flash, in a low tone.
"Why not?" I asked, ignoring Deadshot.
"Because. I have feelings for you. I have ever since the day I first saw you." He muttered, his heart racing wildly.
"That was yesterday!" I yelled, not believing any of this at all.
"No. It was 5 months ago. When you first began to notice your powers. My friend Cisco had picked up some strange behaviour from your neighbourhood. So he sent me over to investigate. Since that day, I would check up on you at least 3 times a week. Then, one day you saw me. That was the day you wrote about in your notebook." His hand reached for the pocket of his red suit, and he pulled up a folded piece of paper. I took the blade off of his throat, and took the note. I unfolded it and saw it was a page from my notebook. The page where I had written about seeing him. The ink was smudged from the rain of the day the accident at my school happened.
"You kept it?" I asked, my eyes returning to their natural green.
He nodded in response.
I looked up at him and put my sword back in its sheath.
"If you think this changes anything," I handed him the sheet back. "You're wrong." I say harshly, before walking over to Floyd as he lowered his gun. We began walking again, but the Flash was now silent.