Eleven: Aftermath

My eyes snapped open and I inhaled a large breath of air into my lungs.
Where was I?
What happened?
The last thing I remembered was going back into the building for my sword, and then...blank.
I noticed the oxygen mask on my face, and slowly removed it. Bandages were all over my arms, so slowly lifted one to see the injury. Nothing was there. Of course, I already knew I had quick healing properties.
I slowly began to remove all my bandages, and stood up. My head was pounding, but I managed. My eyes fixed on the young man who was laying in a hospital bed beside me.
Barry.
I walked over to his bedside, and looked at him from head to toe. His suit was burnt in some areas, even ripped. And for some reason, they didn't remove his mask.
"Barry..." I whispered, putting my hand on his shoulder. I softly shook him. "Barry." I said again. His heart rate was fine, and he didn't seem to have any injuries.
I saw his eyes moving under his closed eyelids, and smiled as he groaned. He slowly began to wake up.
When he finally awoke, he turned his head to me, his eyes settling on my face.
"August...?" He said, his voice groggy. "August!" He shouted in relief, pulling me in for a long hug. I smiled and bent down to hug him, before pulling away to look at his face. "Are you okay?" He asked, moving strands of hair from my face.
"I'm fine." I smiled, sitting on the edge of his bed. "What happened?" I asked.
"When you ran back into the building for your sword...the bomb went off. I went in after you, and the building fell on top of us when I found you." He explained.
I smiled brightly, hugging him again. "Thank you so much Barry. I don't know how I'll ever repay you." I said, pulling away from our embrace to look at him. We gazed into each other's eyes for a decent amount of time, before I fingers slowly reached for his mask.
I need to see him. The real him.
My fingers slowly lifted the mask that covered only half of his face, and it slid off his head, hanging off his back like the hood of a hoodie.
I smiled, taking in all of his perfect features.
Blue eyes, dark and messy hair, perfectly shaped lips and nose.
He grinned at me, before I felt his hands on my cheeks and he pulled me into a kiss. A smiled, taken aback, before going along. Our lips moving in sync.
Before I pulled away, and looked down.
"W-what's wrong?" He asked, his thumb caressing my cheek. I grabbed his hand gently and removed it from my face.
"This won't work Barry. I'm a super villain, your a super hero. I live in a jail, you live in a house. I kill people, and you save them." I muttered.
"August. I don't care!" He protested. "I told you in the tunnel that I had feelings for you since the day I started watching over you." He continued. "I'm not leaving you now. You're the same August you've always been."
"Barry, you don't understand. How can we be together if I'm stuck in this place?" I argued.
He sighed, and then lashed back down. "You're leaving tomorrow anyways." I sighed.
"Shhh..." He said softly. "No more depressing stuff. Let's enjoy each other's company now while we still can." He suggested. He moved over slightly, and patted the spot next to him.
I smiled slightly, before laying down beside him and wrapping my arms around his torso, my legs tangled with his.