Chapter 13: Lies and a Distraction.

This is dedicated to cpkeith, because she had a pretty good guess about what's going on.

Sorry I haven't upload in a while! First time I've uploaded in a year xD! This is like a filler chapter sort of. It's getting you prepared for the other chapters to come! Since I started school (christmas break is over), we're back to weekend uploads and maybe just maybe I'll upload on weekdays.

Enjoy!

Vote and Comment!

“Nothing?” I laughed, “You really expect me to believe that you’re hiding nothing from me?”

“Yes!”

“You are lying to me, Jewels,” I began and leaned into her face, and stopped a few inches away, “And I don’t like it when people lie to me.”

“If you don’t like it, then why don’t you leave!” She growled as she stomped away.

She was going away until I followed her. I quickly caught up with her and leaned against her door. She stared at me incredulously, “Move.”

“I’m not moving until I get an answer.”

“Okay, then. You stay here,” She told me as she went for her backyard.

I followed her and before she could open the gate, I wrapped my arms around her pulling her far away from it. I pushed her against the wall, and made sure that there would be no way for her to escape.

“Jewels, please,” I begged, “I don’t want to fight.”

“Then don’t.”

“What is it?”

“What is what?”

“What is it that you’re hiding from me? Why can’t I know?” I asked, impatiently.

“Why are you asking me?”

“Because you know!”

“What about you?!” She demanded.

I stared at her dumbfounded. What was she talking about?

“What?”

“Oh, please, it’s not like you’ve been telling me the truth. Does mates and Alpha ring a bell? Huh?”

I almost wanted to slap myself. I hadn’t told her? Then again, why hasn’t she asked? If I were her, I’d be asking questions frequently, but she seems like she knows!

When I didn’t respond, she continued,” What about Zeke? Why did he have claws? Is he some sort of mutation?!”

“No,” I answered.

“No?! Then what, Emmett? Because I’m tired of trying to find those conclusions on my own!”

I just looked down. The way I had planned to tell her was way different. I wanted it to be calm, but it was hectic right now. If I wanted her to tell me the truth, then I guess I should go first, right?

“What are you, Emmett?” She demanded poking my chest.

I looked into her deep amber eyes, “I’m afraid that if I tell you, you’ll never want to see me again.”

She crossed her arms against her chest, and I knew that was a sign of a woman being mad. My mom used to do it all the time, when I would break her vases.

I leaned my forehead against hers, “Promise me, you won’t run away when I tell you.”

She took a deep breath, “I- I promise.”

How was I going to explain this to her? I’m horrible when it comes to these things. Should I just tell her? Or should I start with the whole, “We’re not like the others…we’re dangerous.”That line is used to much, especially in movies. Before I could think of anything else, I blurt out, “I’m a wolf; I shape shift into a wolf.”

I watched her face for a reaction, and I sure got one. She backed away, her head hitting the wall, “What?”

For some weird reason, I think she was shocked at the way I just blurt it out. She didn’t really seem surprised at my words, but only my outburst. I sighed, and decided to repeat it, “You know, I’m a wolf. Like the ones that come out in movies and that you read about in myths.”

“No, I heard you perfectly fine, but the way you said it! You think it’s normal to just blurt out things like that?”

“Well, how else was I supposed to tell you?!”

“How?” she asked.

“How, what?”

“How do you do it?” She asked, quietly.

So she wasn’t terrified. That was a good thing. I wanted to hug her; to feel her warmth. I wanted to know that she accepted me like this, but I also knew that she probably needed some space at the moment. After all, this is probably a lot to take in.

“It just happens. If it’s in your genes, then you have no choice. So you’re not scared?”

She shook her head now, and I couldn’t help but smile. I couldn’t take it any longer; I pulled her close to me and into a hug. Her arms went around my neck, and went on her tiptoes reaching my ear, “But that’s not all.”

She pulled away, and leaned against the wall.

“I know that’s not all, but don’t you think it’s a bit too much to take in? How much do you know?”

“That night you made me meet your dad, why was that? And why did he call me your mate? As far as I know, I don’t belong to anyone…and I never want to.”

“But I’m not just anyone,” I whispered.

“Neither am I. I’m not a pet. You don’t own me or anything. I may have feelings for you, but that doesn’t give you the power to control me!”

She just didn’t understand. I have to admit wolves were a bit sexist, but in a way it’s better like this. Mates belong to each other, so I’m hers as she is mine.

“I think it’s better if I explain it to you another day,” I told her as I placed a loose strand behind her ear.

“As you wish,” She told me with a small smile.

“I don’t get a farewell? A kiss? A peck?”

She turned to look at me, and gave me a quick peck, “See you soon.”

“See you later,” I confirmed as I watched her go inside.

It wasn’t until I got back to my house, that I realized she never answered my questions. She never told me what she was hiding, yet I told her what I was hiding. Now, I really doubt her. How big can that secret be? If she doesn’t me to find out, then it must be a dangerous one.

At least now I know, she’s definitely hiding something from me.

__________________________________________________________________________

Yeah, I know not the best ending, but the next chapter will be better! So...I need your opinion! How would you like Emmett to find out?Would you want it to be by accident, or Jewels can just burst it out of anger, etc?

I would really love to read your guesses and answers! I might even dedicate a chapter to you!