practice

Patrick's P.O.V

the next day Joe called me, like he said he would. I'm going over to Pete's house for rehearsal. he gave me the directions, and turns out Pete lives a block down from my house.

I grabbed a pair of black jeans, a white and blue stripped sweater and my hat.

I told my mom where I was going then walked out to my car. I arrived at Pete's in no time. I knocked on the door and I guess his mom, opened it.

"hi! you must be Patrick. Pete has been talking about you nonstop"

I didn't say anything back, just smiled.

Pete is in the basement. he's waiting for you.

uh okay, thanks. I said while walking where she told me where to go.

I opened the door and Joe, Pete and some Guy I've never seen before was there.

"hey pat, this is Andy. he's the drummer for the band" Joe said.

hi, I'm Patrick. I said while moving my hand out for him to shake. he gave me a confused and weird look.

"oh sorry Patrick, Andy is a germaphobe" Joe said.

oh, alright. I said while awkwardly putting my hand down.

so do you guys want to hear a song I have? Pete asked.

um, sure. I said.

Pete grabbed an acoustic guitar and started to play.

"light that smoke, yeah one for giving up on me, and one just cause they'll kill you sooner than my expectations. to my favorite liar, to my favorite scar.. I could have died with you.."

"I hope you choke on those words that kissed that bottle.. confessss. now ash yourself yeah out on the insides, said I loved you but I lied."

Pete finished singing the song. which, I liked. and he also has a pretty voice.. wonder why he didn't want to be lead Singer?

I got interrupted in my thoughts when Joe nudged my arm.

"did you hear him, Patrick?" Joe asked.

um, what? I'm sorry. I said.

"I said, do you want to sing it!" Pete said sounding annoyed.

y-yeah, sorry. I said.

Pete handed me a sheet of paper with the lyrics on it. shortly, Pete started playing the tune on his guitar. and I began to sing.

"you have a great voice Patrick" Andy said in a soft voice.

thank you. I said with a little grin.

after we talked about a few song ideas I sang a song I just wrote last week called "Saturday" and played the guitar while singing. they all enjoyed it and said it's a great song. I was wondering if "we" had a band name yet.. but I didn't want to seem rude.

"um, what is our band name?" I asked.

"we actually don't have one.. we have ideas for one but haven't decided... we were thinking "black knights" "cries in the afternoon" or "fall out boys" Pete said.

I didn't say anything back, just nodded.

after getting the beat down on all of our instruments for Pete's song we decided to stop for the day.

"well, I'll see you guys later.. nice to meet you Patrick" Andy said before leaving.

bye Andy! well, I guess I should get going too. we'll practice again tomorrow if that's fine with you two. Joe said.

"fine with me" I said.

me too. Pete said.

alright bye guys. Joe said before leaving.

I turned around and faced Pete, which was kinda awkward.

so, we haven't been able to talk much.. tell me about yourself. Pete said..

okay um, I'm 19. I've been playing music since I was around 5. it's really important to me and I uh love to read.. um, I don't have many friends.. people usually make fun of me for how I dress, and act I guess.. I stutter when I'm nervous.. um i-i'm an only child and my parents are divorced.

I realized how stupid that sounded. I'm sure Pete thinks I'm a dork.

"why are you nervous right now?" Pete asked.

w-why do you think I'm nervous?

cause, your stuttering.. you just said you stutter when your nervous. Pete said.

oh yeah. I said while awkwardly looking down at my shoes.

Pete came closer to me.

he didn't say anything.. just looked at me and smiled. he was pretty close to my face.

out of no where, he kissed me. I quickly pushed him away.

"what are you doing?!" I said while wiping my mouth.

I uh I'm sorry. Pete said.

I just looked at him. I'm not like that.. and I didn't know Pete was.

"I uh I'm not gay" I said.

yeah me neither... sorry.

okay, well I should go.. I guess I'll see you tomorrow. I said before walking up the steps to leave.