Safe & Sound

Patrick's P.O.V

Laci's gone. Someone took my daughter. My precious baby girl.

"I'm gonna go look all over the hotel," Pete said and then left the room.

I can't even move. Patrick, what's wrong with you? Your daughter is God knows where, and you're not even going to look for her?! A tear slipped down my cheek, then another and another. Soon I was sobbing like crazy. What if she's.... dead? Patrick, no. Don't think that. She's alive. I wiped my tears away and then went to go look for her.

I went to the lobby and asked the clerk if he's seen a baby.

"Yes sir, a woman with black curly hair was carrying a baby. There was also a man with her who also had black hair just came through here. They acted like they were in a hurry."

"Elisa and Pete.." I said out loud without realizing.

"Excise me, sir?" The clerk asked confused.

"Nothing. Thank you so much." I jogged off to where the clerk seen them last. I grabbed my phone and dialled Pete's number, but it went straight to voicemail. I hailed a cab and rode around the city hoping for any signs. I tried Pete's number again but no answer.

"Sir, I've took you on every rode in the city," the taxi driver said. I sighed. "You can let me out here," I said while reaching for some money in my wallet.

"Sir, we're in the middle of nowhere. It's at least twenty five minutes until there's a main road. The only thing here is the old factory shop."

I handed him forty dollars and then got out. I watched the little yellow cab disappear into the dusty road. I turned around and faced the building. It's so old and dirty it looks like it could fall down any second.

"God, please let Laci be okay. Please keep her safe until I find her, and hopefully that's soon. In Jesus name, amen." I then heard a muffled crying noise coming from the building. Could it be Laci?