Chapter 9

Bella walked up to the front door and knocked. Josh answered the door. "Hey" said Bella. "Hi" answered Josh. "Mom, dad? this is..." he looked over a Bella. "This is Madison, she's staying here until her parents get back from their trip" he said. "Hello Madison" said Mrs. White. Bella shook her hand. "Thank you so much for letting me stay here while my parents are away" she said. "No problem" answered Mr. White. "Do you know how long you are going to be staying?" he asked. "No, my parents didn't really tell me when they were coming back." she answered. "Have you met my sister, Lucy?" asked Josh. "No, I don't think I have" answered Bella. "Lucy! Come down here!" called Josh. Suddenly, this 13 year old girl came running down the stairs. She had blonde shoulder length hair and blue-grey eyes, like mine. When she saw Bella, she stopped and looked at her suspiciously. "Hi" she said. "Lucy this is B-Madison" said Josh. He has already almost blew her cover. Bella looked at Josh before looking over at Lucy. "Hi Lucy" said Bella. "Well, I'm going to show Madison to her room." said Josh. "Right, thank you again Mr. and Mrs White" said Bella before following Josh downstairs. "Hope you don't mind sleeping in the basement, it;s the only spare room we have" said Josh. "That's fine, thank you again for doing this for me" said Bella. "No problem, but don't forget, they'll still be looking for you" said Josh. "I know" answered Bella. "Well, I guess I'll let you settle in, I'll be in the kitchen making us some dinner if you need me." said Josh before walking out. Bella looked around the room. There was a queen size bed with navy blue bedding, a bedside table with a lamp next to it, a bare desk in the corner. There was also a dresser and a closet. Bella threw her suitcase onto the bed and started unpacking. she placed her shirts, shorts, long pants, underwear, bra's and socks in the dresser, organizing them into drawers, the hung her dresses, rompers, coats, cardigans and sweatshirts in the closet and placed her shoes underneath. She put her computer on the desk and filled the small drawer with her jewelry, she put photo's on the desk and bedside table, she placed her sentimental items in the drawer in the bedside table and threw her backpack full of food in the closet. Once she was done, she plopped on the bed and went on her phone.

In the kitchen, Josh was heating up some pizza when Lucy came into the kitchen. "Hey Josh" said Lucy. "Hey" he answered. "So that girl, Madison, why is she here again?" Lucy asked suspiciously. "Her parents went on a trip to travel the world with no warning and she can't stay home by herself because she doesn't have enough money or food." he answered. "You're lying" said Lucy. Josh looked at her stunned. "What do you mean I'm lying" he asked, alarmed. "I know who she is" she said. "And how do you know that?" he asked. "You know my friend Amanda?" she asked. "yes" he answered "her brother is Ryan, her ex, and Ryan knows things, he told Amanda, and Amanda told me" she said "What exactly do you know?" he asked. "I know that she killed your girlfriend" she said. "Josh, why the hell would you bring a murderer into our house?" she yelled, getting mad. "Hold on a second, she didn't mean to kill her, it was an accident, I know she wouldn't hurt anyone on purpose, that's not Bella" said Josh. "She still killed someone." she said. "I'm helping her because I know she didn't mean anything that happened that night, it was a mistake, and I know this is what Hazel would want me to do!" he yelled. "If you want to tell mom and dad, go ahead, but if you open that big mouth of yours, I will never forgive you" and with that said, he grabbed the pizza and walked downstairs. "Fine, but I won't be covering for you when you get caught" Lucy whispered to herself. 

Josh knocked on the door before entering Bella's room. "Bella? Can I come in?" he asked. "Sure" she answered. "Here" he said, handing her the pizza. "Thanks" she said. "Wow, you really know how to make yourself feel at home" he said, looking around the room. "Thanks" said Bella, laughing. "Look, Lucy knows who you are, and what you did..." said Josh. "What? How?" asked Bella. "Her friends, brother is Ryan" he said. "That jerk" said Bella, starting to get mad. They sat in silence for a moment, but then, Bella stood up, walking towards the door. "Where are you going?" asked Josh. "I'm going to talk to Lucy." she said. And with that, she left. 

Bela walked upstairs to Lucy's bedroom and knocked. "Who is it?" asked Lucy from the other side of the door. "It's Bel-umm... Madison" said Bella. "What do you want?" asked Lucy "Can I come in?" she asked. "Whatever" answered Lucy. "Look, I know you know who I am, and what I did. And I'm not expecting you to like me or to be comfortable around me, but all I ask is you don't go off telling people that I'm here. Okay?" asked Bella. "Have you ever lost someone close to you?" continued Bella. "I lost my grandfather last year" answered Lucy. "So you know what it feels like right?" asked Bella. Lucy nodded, I could tell there were tears creeping up on her. "When I was your age, my dad got very sick, he had brain cancer, we found out that he had it the first month of grade 8 for me, 13 months later he passed away. When he did I was so lost, I started getting depressed and started having suicidal thoughts. I wanted to kill myself" Bella paused "Hazel stayed by my side the whole time, she wouldn't let me out of her sight because she was afriad I would hurt myself, she cared about me to much, she couldn't lose her best friend. Because of her help and support, she saved my life, my depression went away because Hazel was always there for me. But the night she died, I was so ungrateful, so upset and lost and I just lost control of myself. My actions took over and I killed her. I watched my best friend fall two stories down and die right before my eyes. So much damage was done to her brain she died on the impact. And it was all my fault." Bella took a deep breath, she looked over at Lucy, who was now in tears. "That night I lost my best friend, my savior, my protector, and my sister. She was everything to me. And again, I don't expect you to like me, or hang around me because after all, I still killed someone, but I'd appreciate it if you don't tell anyone I'm here" finished Bella. "I won't, I promise" said Lucy before hugging Bella. "Thank you, thank you so much" whispered Bella.