Chapter 15: Lost

Song that inspired me to write this chapter:

What if love - Rhodes

Valerie's POV

I wake up feeling alive.

More than ever before. It's like I've fallen in love with Tyler all over again.

Tonight was also the first night Angela slept in her own bed without crying or screaming, afraid of the shadows she claimed she used to see. The shadows that resemble Jake.

For the first time in forever, it felt like everything was going to be okay.

But we still have to tell Angela about our marriage. It's gonna be quite hard explaining to a 5 year old girl what it means to be married to someone. And what it means to her.

But we're excited.
I honestly can't wait to see her reaction.
I know how much it means to her seeing us happy and in love, I know she feels safe, she feels loved, and a part of a real family.

And the thought of making it official makes my heart flutter.

I sit up in bed, a huge smile covering my face as I look at Tyler.

He's still asleep. His hair is ruffled, his mouth partly open, his shirtless back visible to me.

I love the sight of him.
He's gonna be my husband.
The sound of it sends shivers down my spine.

"Ty, wake up," I whisper loudly, shaking him with my hands.

He finally stirs, and slowly opens his eyes. It seems like it takes him a lot of effort to sit up, and when he sees me staring at him with a look full of adoration, he grins. He presses his lips against mine in a sweet kiss, and whispers "Good morning" against them.

I smile, staring into his eyes.

I still can't believe what happened last night.

We sit there for a few minutes, just enjoying the silence and each other's presence.

"We should probably tell Angie now," Ty says, waiting for my approval.

I nod, getting out of bed.

We make our way to her bedroom, and smile when we see her sleeping peacefully in her bed, a small smile spread on her lips.

I slowly sit on the bed, carefully touching her cheek to wake her up slowly.

She opens her eyes, looking at us, and smiling.

"Good morning, Mommy, Daddy!"

"Good morning, sweetie," Ty and I say at the same time.

"I slept in my bed! On my own! I'm a champion!" Angie squeals, clapping her hands together.

Ty chuckles.

"That's great, honey! And since you're a champion, Daddy and I believe you should know everything that's happening with us. We have something very important to tell you."