Chapter 7: Too Good To Be True

Song that inspired me to write this chapter:

Bloodstream - Stateless

Valerie's POV

Once done with my hair and makeup, I put on my little gold dress, the one I haven't worn since Ty and I went to Vegas three years ago for his friend's birthday party.

That night was incredible, not because I found out I was pretty good at poker, but because Ty had planned everything out so perfectly, and it was all so romantic. That was the night I had my first time with him. And it was everything I'd ever wanted it to be.

That's why this dress brings so many good memories.

"Honey you ready?" Ty calls out from the kitchen downstairs, as I put on my golden heels.

I stand in front of the mirror, trying to zip up my dress, and lamentably fail.

Ty suddenly appears behind me in the mirror.

"Need a hand?" he winks, and I blush.

It's incredible that I still blush at moments like these even after all those years of living together.

Even now, with every touch, every word, every kiss, he still makes my heart race like the first time he'd kissed me.

He slowly zips up the dress, making sure to take his sweet time and let his fingers linger on my skin, causing goosebumps to rise everywhere.

He kisses my shoulder once he's done, and I turn around and kiss him, catching him off guard.

"That's a thank you for dropping Angie off at Brenda's." I smile up at him.

"I love your thank you kisses," he chuckles, turning me around and pressing my back against his front, admiring our reflections in the mirror.

"And I love you." I promise him.

Our neighbor Brenda has been an amazing friend ever since we've moved in here. She has a six year old boy, Danny, who loves playing with Angela. She's insisted in her last visit last night that she takes care of Angela while we 'go out and have fun'. She said it was time we went out alone, like a regular couple our age.

Being young parents is a lot of work, you barely have time for yourself. And now that Ty has hired someone to take care of the restaurant while he's not there, he can be home whenever we need him.

I grab my purse and cell phone, checking my reflection in the mirror one last time and following Ty to the car.

During the ride to Black 70, Ty's hand finds its perfect place on my thigh. That is one of the biggest reasons why I love car rides with him.

We talk, and listen to The Fray songs the whole ride there. They are my favorites, and Ty knows that. I sing along to every single song, and he can't help but laugh at my horrible voice.

Fifteen minutes later, we arrive in front of the club, but it's nearly impossible to find an empty space to park the car.

When we finally do, I open the passenger door to get out, but Ty rushes to my side of the car, and closes it. I frown in confusion, looking at him for some sort of explanation, and he just grins, opening the door again.