Chapter 17: Happy Ever After

Song that inspired me to write this chapter:

Saturn - Sleeping At Last

The wedding reception was glorious.
Everything was just perfect.

Today, Valerie Clark's dream came true. She couldn't believe it. She was now married to the man of my dreams. The man she spent the most wonderful times of her life with. The man who helped her through the darkest days of her existence, the man who taught her how to love. Who taught her what it was like to be loved. The man who loved and cared for her daughter, the man who became Angela's father.

The man who saved her life.

Tyler Wilson.

After everything she's been through, she made it. They made it. They defeated every shadow from her past that came and haunted her and her family. They held back the river even when the water was too cold, or too strong.

They were always stronger.

She was so tormented by her past that she never thought about her future.

Because she didn't even think she had one.

But today, she was finally getting her happy ever after.

***

When I saw the limo, I squealed in excitement like a child on Christmas Eve. It was just fabulous, and just the thought of me arriving to the wedding reception in it made me wanna jump up and down repeatedly.

"Tyler! It's amazing! I love it!" I couldn't keep my voice down, as I hurried to hug him so tight he couldn't breathe.

"I know right, baby! I just want this day to be perfect in every way possible! Even the ride there has to be enjoyable."

He kissed my forehead, and I smiled, my eyes closed, thinking about how lucky I was to have him in my life.

Blood. Everywhere. On every single thing. Red, thick blood. On the white limo.

"This is the perfect dress!" I whispered, tears filling my eyes as I struggled to clearly check myself out in the mirror.

"Oh my god," Mom whispered, covering her mouth with her hand, tears streaming down her face.

She had been quite emotional today, watching me try out different dresses on, telling me how I make a beautiful bride.

But she hadn't cried, until she saw me wearing this dress. Now, she was clearly speechless.

"Mommy! You look like a princess!" Angie exclaimed, a huge smile spread over her lips.

I looked at myself in the mirror again. I was out of breath. This dress was everything I've ever dreamed of. I felt like a princess, and  as soon as I put it on, I knew.

I knew this dress would be the one. I knew that in this dress, I would walk down the aisle with my father, and stand in front of my husband-to-be to exchange the vows, and finally say "I do".

I knew this dress would be good luck, and I knew Tyler would love it.

Blood on her dress.