Chapter 6 - Get him! Get him!

Chapter 6 - Get him! Get him!

For the fifth time this hour, I freshened the icepack on his head. After the hospital we had gotten Jackson to drop us back at Logan's

"Jane! Jaaaaaaaaaaane" I walked over and stuffed the icepack in his mouth

"Quiet down, I’m being a nice friend, not a maid" I said before pulling it out and dropping it on his face

"now then, what would you like to eat" I asked walking back to the kitchen

"How about cheese pizza?" he suggested

"Sounds good" I said, then took the dough from the freezer and put it in hot water. Next I took out a can of pizza sauce and six bars of marble cheese.

I took a pan out, greased it, and then rolled part of the dough out and laid it out on the tray. I did the same for the second pizza. I brushed them with melted butter before adding the sauce; I grated three of the bars on one plate, then the other three on another. After I put the cheese on them, I threw them in the oven, and cleaned up. Twenty minutes later I took them out, cut them in half, and put them on two plates, then sprinkled chili powder on them. I grabbed two bottles of ice tea, and the pizza and went to his game room.

"What movie we watching?" I asked as I gave him his pizza and drink.

"Hercules" he said, just as the credits started.

I grinned then sat cross legged on the couch sipping my ice tea before proceeding to munch on my pizza. I had put lots of chili powder, because I love the spice from it; since we could eat solid foods, our parents gave us the spiciest food they could make, so we could eat anything, no problem, just as their parents had done with them.

I swallowed and went to take another bite when something was placed over my eyes "What did you put on me Logan?" I said in a warning voice "Relax, Shorty, its 3D glasses, I have the 3D version remember?" I nodded, remembering it’s so much funnier in 3D.

Half way through the movie I was rolling on the floor, holding my stomach with laughter. I barely made it back on the couch before falling back down, laughing harder than before; in front of me laid Logan, hanging half off the couch, fast asleep. As well as a piece of pizza over his face, and his 3D glasses had fallen over top; once I recovered from my laughter, I got my phone, and took a picture.

I brought up the app with our site and posted the picture with the caption Pizza face! I checked my messages for the first time in 4 days, since I started taking care of Logan; it read 7 missed calls, 2 voicemail, and 1 text. All the missed calls were from Amanda, I checked the text 'best friend? More like worst friend' wow, I missed a lot.

I decided to see if the voicemails explained anything; just then Logan began waking up. I put my pin in, and listened, I immediately got worried when she said my name and started crying

"Jane... (sniffles)...I....you...things haven’t gone well..."

My eyes watered a bit "can you make me more pzfts" I shoved a pillow in his face just as she started talking again

"...and you haven’t' been there for me....I can’t stay there anymore...so I’m going away...(sniffle)..Forever... (Sobbing) nothings keeping me there since you haven’t been a good friend to me... (Sobs harder) goodbye Jane (click)"

I lowered my phone and released Logan, who gasped for air then took one look at my tear filled eyes and just knew it was serious.

"Jane? What happened?" he wasn’t one of those people that ask 'are you okay? When your clearly not, or 'things will get better' when otherwise is obvious. I shook my head in response, then handed him the phone to listen, he looked slightly confused, but took it anyway. As he listened his face fell

"Jane..." I shook my head and took my phone before leaving. I had to go find my best friend; as I walked to my house I noticed the second voicemail. I clicked on it and listened, at first it was static, then some intercom voice. It sounded like the airport, I realized it was a push dial, and was going to hang up when her voice broke through

"One ticket to Vancouver, Canada please" then more static "Your flight leaves at 2:30pm" the lady said then more rummaging and the call ended.

I ran in the house, and raced upstairs to my room. I grabbed my duffel bag that I used to use at camp, and threw it on my bed; I walked in my closet and proceeded to throw a weeks’ worth of clothes on my bed.

Next I folded and packed everything, then threw in other stuff I need, as well as a few pairs of shoes. I grabbed my over the shoulder bag and threw in makeup, iPod, chargers, phone, wallet, and anything else I needed quick access too.

I threw on a gray thank top, and neon green sweatpants, plus my sneakers, then my favorite black hoodie. I took my back pack and put my laptop bag, camera, and prank book in. I grabbed my bags, then slipped my necklace on, that I almost forgot, and raced downstairs.

Just as I stepped out the door, I saw Logan walking up the driveway "Before you go, I need to tell you something" he said "What, no hi?" I said not turning around, while trying to lock the door

"Jane...I..."

"Logan, hurry up, I’ve got a plane to catch"

He took a big breath "I think I still have feelings for you"

****************************************************************************************************************************

It means so much to me that your reading my story!

I really appreciate it!

Hope you love it!

Don't Forget to vote!

Dont Forget to Comment!

Thanks!

PS: if you would like me to read yours, in return, just send the link to my inbox and ill read it!