Chapter 5 - Ahhhh! Frankenstein!!!!

Chapter 5 - Ahhhh! Frankenstein!!!!

I came out of my shock and stormed into the restaurant, I grabbed him by the ear and dragged him out

"what are you doing?!? Amanda has a boyfriend!" I screamed at him

"Calm down, I’ll explain" he said. I took a deep breath before motioning for him to continue

"Okay, so she came by the house last night, looking for you. When I told her you were out she said she would wait for you, then sat down on the porch and started crying" my eyes softened at that. I nodded so he would continue.

"I sat down with her and asked what was wrong, she cried for a few more minutes, before answering that Derek cheated on her and when she caught him, he dumped her right in front of the other girl" I gasped. Then my eyes watered a bit.

"Jackson, that’s so sad, but if that was last night, then why are you guys out now?" I asked

"Well after I did the whole he's a waste of time thing, we went for coffee then during that we made plans to see 'the life of the cookie' that she was going to see with Derek and now we grabbed a bite" he explained.

"Oh Jackson, that’s so sweet! You really are a good brother" I cooed hugging him. He blushed looking down. I raced inside and hugged her making her drop her phone, I laughed at the expression on her face

"I’m sorry I wasn’t there for you when you needed me" I said squeezing her in a hug

"It’s okay, I actually had a good time with Jackson" she said sending a smile at Jackson who was staring at her, which made her blush. I chuckled

"Somebody’s smitten" I teased

"Maybe...A little..."she mumbled, trailing off

"Awe" I cooed pinching her cheek.

She smacked me away but continued smiling. After that all of us had lunch together, and everything was good. Who knows, maybe Jackson and Amanda will end up together. I glanced up between the two and knew they had something; I turned my head a bit and saw Logan looking, only this time I smiled at him and looked back at him.

Yup, definitely something.

We headed out; those two going in her car, of course, and Logan’s, mom had a meeting so we decided to walk home since it was nice out. The sun was setting behind us, when he turned to say something to me; the sun glowed in his eyes.

He turned and kept walking, a moment later he took my hand in his, and lead me to the look out just off the park, to watch the sunset. I stopped and stared at it. He wrapped his arms around me from behind and leaned his head on my shoulder.

He faintly whispered beautiful It was so softly that it caught in the wind and surrounded me.

I closed my eyes and leaned back into him, and let the whispering wind take me to a whole other world. He gently kissed my cheek then slowly moved away, with our hands still twined together, and started walking in the direction of the house.

My heart rate seemed to pick up as this night progressed, I couldn’t help thinking when did he start acting like this? Showing so much affection towards me

We walked the rest of the way home in silence, a comfortable silence. Since it was still early we decided to play Xbox for a while. I changed from my skirt to one of his pairs of sweatpants, and then padded down, as I reached the bottom of the stairs, I smelled popcorn. I was about to ask where the smell was coming from when he called out in a sing song voice "Guess what I got!"