Chapter 9

(Unedited)

Veren's PoV

I woke up feeling surprisingly rested. By the look of the sky, I would say it was around 3 in the morning. Well I did still need to help Revlon build his army and I have to train the elite servant and just the plain servants, but I wanted to sleep more. I suddenly realized my left wing felt very warm. I turned and saw Irina sleeping soundly in my wing.

What!!

I million thoughts came to the back of my mind, but I chose to drop it. I sighed and just rested my head on the soft moss. What a minute! I learned that I didn't have nightmares as a dragon, but I did as a human. I felt like I was submitting myself to the beast inside me. I felt Irina shift and fall to the grass. 

She jumped and then blinked a couple of times.

"Good morning." She said as she yawned and settled herself by me again.

"How strange," She whispered.

I looked at her and she looked like she was in deep thought.

"You know something, I just had the strangest dream."

What did you dream about? I was literally shouting in my mind.

"I dreamed that there was a man, a dark man that craved bloodshed and..." She trailed off.

I saw tears in her eyes.

"But do you know the scary part of it...I wasn't scared at all in fact, I was intrigued, I was interested. I wanted to know more about this man. I wasn't scared of it at all. What do you think that means?" She said rather calmly, but I could see fear in her eyes.

We sat silently for over 3 hours. Which means I really have to go and she really has to get back to work and she also has to train for battle.

I got up and started walking leaving her there. 

I quickly got dressed and walked to Revlon.

"There you are, you know I don't think you should neglect your duties any longer." he said very sternly.

"I am sorry." I just simply said.

"Come on we have work to do." He said.

We went to his throne room and sat down.

"Bring on the first one." Revlon shouted.

I small girl who looked malnourished at the age of 17 or 18 came in. She walked slowly and as she stepped you could tell she was nervous.

"And what brings you here my dear." Revlon said calmly and gently.

"Well I was hoping to get property for farming, but I have not been granted that." She said

"Why is this request being denied from you?" He said.

"Well they told me because I was not originated from here. I was originated from a...well..a place that was considered low." She said in an almost a whisper.

"Please tell me where this place is."

"Well my father was from Nondia and soon we were driven out, but my father died leaving and left everything we had and my family has found it hard to sustain themselves without property." She said with a strange confidence.

I nearly fell into a pit of regret. I know darn well why they were driven out. I knew who killed her father. I face palmed myself and sighed with frustration and regret.

"Veren I would like you to find a place for her and her family and I would you to do it after" Revlon said.

"Yes your majesty." I said simply.