Chapter 19

Unedited

Veren

"You have got to be kidding right?" 

"Nope" I said.

"No way." Livia squealed.

"Yep." I smiled.

Livia stop jumping up and down and smiled at me and what she said shocked me.

"You seem a lot nicer and happier. I don't remember seeing you smile when we first got here." She said seriously.

"We'll talk about me later, the king is waiting." I said.

She ran out the door after I said that. I was really shocked when I found out that Livia and Revlon were almost the same age. She was about one and a half years younger than him and yeah I have been playing matchmaker for him. He needs an heir and eventually he will be too old.

I thought Livia was a teenager, but no she was the oldest out all those girls. She acted the most youthful and childish. Livia is pretty mysterious. I think the king will like her. I know she has so much wisdom, but she acts like she is seven sometimes.

"Good morning." Irina said as she gave me a hug.

"Morning." I said back.

"Well you seem to be in a good mood." She pointed out.

"It's been awhile." I answered.

"Well there isn't much to do right now right?" She asked.

"Surprisingly...yes." I answered as I thought about it.

"Well me and a friend are going into town, want to come." She asked casually, but I could see a hint of redness to her face. I was pretty shocked. I smirked.

"Well wouldn't you happen to be calling this a.." 

"NO! It is not a date okay" she said quickly as her face turned beet red.

"If that's what makes you sleep at night." I answered. She just grunted in response which made me chuckle.

We walked for a while until we stopped at the fountain.

"Veren can I tell you something real fast?" 

She didn't sound uncertain or worried. She just sounded like she felt like she needed to tell me.

"Okay."

"Well, I have gotten really close to the king's dragon and I am started to be worried about where he is." She said as she faced the fountain.

"Uh well I don't know?" I answered as I scratched my neck.

"Hey Irina I'm..." I heard a familiar voice say.

"Oh hey Kyra." Irina said with a smile.

"Um Irina why is he coming?" 

"Oh well I thought maybe he could tag along because there isn't much to do." She answered. I tried not to let her answer affect me, but that was pretty hard to do.

"Okay." Kyra said and then took a seat as far away from me as possible.

When me and Kyra made eye contact, there was massive amounts of tension between us and I think Irina could see it.

"Guys?" Irina said. Kyra eventually sneered.

"Hey Irina where were you about 10 years ago?" Kyra asked smugly.

"What?" She said.

"Just answer it."

Kyra knew she hitting a nerve on me.

"Well I was in my homeland of course." She answered.

"Do you remember anything drastic happening that fateful year?" She said, but her mouth quivered. I guess Kyra still hasn't gotten over it.

"Yes." 

"What?"

"Well...I remember two to three cities being wiped out." she said sadly, "Everyone heard about it." She said again.

"Um Irina, Kyra we were going into town." I said hoping to interrupt what was about to be said.

"Oh Veren, I don't think it's safe for you to go to town." Kyra said smugly. That's It!

"Listen Kyra, I regret it just as much as you in fact maybe even more." I said with anger.

"What did I say?" She said sarcastically.

"I'm not going to town Irina okay." I said.

"What! Why?" 

"I remembered I do have things to do. I see you later." 

I can't believe she would do that. Just then all the memories came crashing in my head which made me stop walking. I started standing there. I was knocked out of my thoughts when I heard laughing. I walked over and saw a man.

"Wow, the deadly dragon is really a softie." A man said as he continued to laugh.

"Who are you?" I asked dangerously.

"Ask you little friend." He answered.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"I suppose you know I am a threat so I will spare the introduction, but I am quite interested in your friend." He said with a look of triumph.

"If you go anywhere near I swear, I will break you in two you know I can." I threatened.

"Well there is a slight possibility you would do that, but you wouldn't want to risk Irina hating you now would you." He said.

"She wouldn't hate me." I argued.

"Oh really didn't you see the look on her face when Kyra brought it up. If she found out what you did, what you are then do you really think she will allow you to even talk to her." 

I knew it was true. Irina would hate me if she found out. 

"Listen, If you submit yourself to me, I can end the battles you will face, I can end your torment." He said seriously.

"How would you end my torment?"

"There will be something I am going to give you which will take all of your emotion away and I will be in control over you." He said.

"You think I want to spend the rest of my life being controlled. I'd rather continue to hurt for a thousands life times that to be controlled by you. If was to submit myself, you would only use me to hurt other and what makes it worse it I wouldn't care." I said angrily.

"There are prices to pay for everything." He said like he didn't care.

"I don't want to take that chance of paying that price." I said.

"What about Irina?"

"What about her?"

"Well, Like I said there are prices to pay for everything even your refusal to do what I ask." He laughed and then left.

It took me awhile to process what he meant. Irina, I have to protect her from him, from me, and from the truth.

________________

I thought maybe I should update again just in case I didn't do it this weekend, but If I do then AWESOME

I want to thank all my readers. I never expected my story to come this far already. It means so much to me that I have a lot of supporter. Thanks to you all. 

Please: Comment, Vote

-Rivalee