Chapter One - Won't Be Lonely Long

**Hey, guys! It's been a while since I've tried my hand at an actual romance novel, but we're going for it again! I'm dedicating this book to Allielovesmanga, who encouraged me to write another Monster High novel. Hope you enjoy!**

"I dare you to lie to me again," she hisses. 

A wicked smile forms on his face as he stares down at her. "I love you," he says. He shrugs. "That right there, darling? That's the biggest lie I've ever told to anyone. And to think you believed it." He shakes his head. "Pathetic," he says through his teeth. 

The words continue to replay in her mind as she walks into the bar. It's only about three blocks from the college campus, and, even though she had cried the whole walk there, it had been a mind-cleansing walk. She's finally come to realize one thing. She's wasted the last ten years of her life on a man that never had, and never would, love her. It hurts her to think of it this way, but it's true, and she decides it's finally time for a reality check.

She lifts herself onto one of the barstools, crossing her arms over the top of the bar itself. Her long, black and pink-highlighted hair falls over her shoulders, covering her ears. The bartender finishes drying a glass before draping the towel over his shoulder. "What can I get you, swe—" The bartender cuts himself off as his eyes lock with hers. Something deep inside of him keeps screaming one word over and over again: mine. mine. mine. 

"Something girly," she says. "Not really that big of a drinker," she explains. The bartender nods and turns away from her. He breathes in, trying to get control over himself once more. He pours her something lite and fruity, something with a low alcohol count. He turns back to her, setting the drink in front of her. He watches her eyes drift around the bar. 

There's a sadness in her pale, violet eyes. Her full, heart-shaped lips are pulled down in a frown. A dark pink heart-shaped birthmark rests beneath her left eye, looking harsh against the extremely light pink color of her skin. 

Her eyes move back to his face. "Thank you," she says. Her voice is high-pitched in a way that makes her seem even more feminine than before. 

"You're welcome." He clears his throat. "I'm Clawd. Welcome to my dad's bar," he says with a smile. 

She catches sight of his sharp canines. "Draculaura," she says softly. "Nice to you meet you," she adds. She holds out a hand. 

Instead of shaking it, Clawd brings it to his lips and places a soft kiss to her knuckles. "Pleasure's all mine, Draculaura. I've met your father, but never you," he says. 

Draculaura smiles faintly, her lips parting, allowing Clawd to finally see her fangs. "I'm dormmates with your sister."

"Deenie?" he asks. She nods. "Awesome. Hope she ain't too much trouble." 

She lets out a short laugh, but he can see right through it; it's fake. "She's sweet," she says.  She pushes her hair back behind her delicate, pointed ears before picking up her drink. She takes a sip, her small, dainty nose crinkling. She shakes her head, and Clawd watches as she licks her lips. "Oh, I don't know how you guys do it."

"What?"

"Drink and party every weekend," she says. 

He shrugs. "You get used to it," he says simply. "If you don't like it, mind me asking why you're here?" 

Her nose crinkles again, but not because of the drink. "Because men are stupid."

Clawd nods. "That we are," he says. He lays a hand on the counter, offering a smile. "The drink's on the house."

"Thank you."

Clawd leans against the counter, staring out at the dance floor. Draculaura's out there in the middle, dancing like nobody's watching. Oh, but Clawd was certainly watching. 

Her black dress is tight around her thin, agile frame. Her pink heels give her an extra four inches of height, but she still looks extraordinarily short. Mid-shimmy, she pulls her long hair into a messy bun at the top of her head. 

She leans back until a guy places his hands on her shoulders and pushes her back up so she's standing straight. She turns to him, smiling broadly. She's mouthing the words to whatever song is playing as she and the guy start pumping a fist in the air, jumping up and down. The other men on the dancefloor join in, closing in around her. The guys that aren't dancing are watching, biding their time until there's an opening for them to jump in beside her.

Heath Burns comes up to the bar, letting out a heavy breath. He laughs, shaking his head. "That chick's crazy!" he shouts over the music. 

Clawd leans over the counter. "I think she's my mate," he whispers. 

Heath slaps a hand on the counter. "Man, you better get moving! She keeps dancing like that, I can assure you she won't be lonely long." He shoves Clawd's shoulder. "Get on it."

"I can't leave my shift," Clawd says. "I can trust you, right?" 

"Of course! I'm, like, your best friend."

Clawd smiles faintly. "Don't let her leave with anyone." 

Heath puts a hand to his forehead, saluting Clawd. "Aye-aye, Captain."

**There's chapter one! Hope you guys like this so far. Let me know what you think in the comments, and drop a vote if you're enjoying!**