Chapter Sixteen - Feels Like Home

It's only one and a half weeks after Clawd and Draculaura's honeymoon that the vampire sits in the bathroom, leaning back against the wall, tapping a pregnancy test against the palm of her hand, waiting. 

Two minutes pass, and she brings about the courage to look down at the test. A knock on the bathroom door causes her shoulders to lift. 

"Laura?" Clawd asks. "You okay?" 

Draculaura pushes herself to her feet and unlocks the bathroom door. After opening it, she smiles up at Clawd. "I'm great."

He tucks her charcoal-colored hair back behind her ear. "What's got you thinking so hard, hmm?" he asks, his voice soft. Without a word, Draculaura holds the pregnancy test out in front of herself. Clawd's lips part, but he doesn't say a word. 

"I don't know if that's a good or a bad thing," she whispers. "You have to speak, Wolf." 

Clawd smiles broadly, his teeth sinking into his bottom lip. "It's good. I-it's very, very good," he whispers. "We're gonna have a pup running around," he says.

"I know," Draculaura breathes. Clawd pulls the vampire into a tight hug, one hand moving up to the back of her head. She hugs him back, closing her eyes as she breathes in everything that feels like home about Clawd Wolf. "I love you," she murmurs. 

He squeezes her just a little tighter. "I love you more. And I'm gonna love this kid with everything I've got." 

She smiles against his chest. "I know you will."

***

The child, a beautiful baby girl that looks more like Draculaura than Clawd, is born two months after her parents found out that they'd be blessed with a baby. With her mother's dainty nose and pointy ears, her big, fuschia-colored eyes and her soft pink skin, she had Clawd wrapped around her little finger. 

Clawd climbs onto the hospital bed beside Draculaura, propping his head up with one hand as his free hand moved to tuck Draculaura's hair behind her ear. He presses a soft kiss to his wife's temple and runs a hand over the baby's head. "She's beautiful," he murmurs.

Draculaura nods. "She's perfect." 

Clawd smiles. "She gets that from you." 

She turns toward her husband, one delicate eyebrow raised. "You think so?" 

"I know so." He kisses her softly and pulls back with a smile. "Our little baby Nicole," he whispers. He lies down, his head resting on Draculaura's shoulder, his gaze locked on their daughter. "I already love her so much." 

Draculaura smiles, laughing quietly. "Me, too."