Chapter Twelve - Sugar

Draculaura steps into the bar, wearing the same dress she had worn when she walked in here a year ago, heartbroken and in dire need of a drink. Clawd lifts his head, and as his gaze lands on her, his ears perk up and a smile spreads across his face. He'll never get over how beautiful she is. 

He watches her walk across the before lifting herself into one of the bar stools directly in front of him. He crosses his arms over the top of the bar, raising an eyebrow. "What can I get for you?" he asks. 

A slow smile tugs at either corner of Draculaura's mouth. "Some sugar would be nice," she says. 

Clawd chuckles before leaning across the bar and kissing her. He pulls back, pressing a soft kiss to her forehead. "Soda?" he asks. 

"Pop," Draculaura corrects. "Thank you." 

He nods and walks back to the refrigerator. When he comes back, he opens the pop can and sets it in front of his vampire. "Whatcha up to?" he asks. 

She offers a shrug. "Just wanted to come visit the place where I ran into the love of my life," she says. She hasn't been here since the night she met Clawd. She hasn't had a reason to be here. After all, since meeting Clawd, no one had broken her heart.

"That's sweet of you," Clawd says. He leans against the bar, staring into her pale, violet eyes. She feels herself blush, and she lowers her head. Clawd reaches out and brushes a thumb over the delicate curve of her cheek. "I was thinking that this summer, we could find an apartment together. I've got two years left of college, and you have three. We could find a place close to the college until we both graduate," he says. 

"Really?" she asks hopefully, lifting her gaze back to his face. 

He nods. "Of course. All I wanna do is spend as much time with you as I can," he says. "Besides, between you and me, Heath snores a lot." 

Draculaura giggles, absentmindedly swirling her index finger around the rim of the pop can. "I love you, Clawd Wolf," she murmurs, looking up at him through her eyelashes. 

"Another round, Wolf!" someone in the back shouts. 

Clawd smiles and taps a finger against the end of Draculaura's nose. "I love you, too, Laura. Be right back," he said, lifting both eyebrows as he grabbed four beer bottles and rounded the counter. When he walked past Draculaura, he allowed his fingers to brush over her lower back. 

He's excited for when they move in together, as it will be the first real step in the life he wants to create with her. 

And for the next three hundred and ninety-nine years, he'll love her with everything he has.