Enlightened

(Cas's pov)

I could tell she wasn't with me when I told her the rest of the story. Yes, she was looking right at me but her mind was else where. I put my hand on her face to bring her back to me. Tears fell and covered my hand like a blanket of water. "Juni...." She blinks and sniffles a bit before saying "W-we should keep walking..." And just like that I was closed off.. It was like the Juni I knew had run away into the shadows. As we walked I saw the spot I chose for lunch. "We're here." I said as we came upon a new lake, with a boat tied to a dock. She looks at me and says "Thank you Cas." And just like that I have the old Juni back, as if what happened in the forest was beyond us, without a word. I grab her and and lead her onto the dock. She smiles and I could tell she was trying not to laugh as I struggled to get into the boat. Once we are in the boat I slowly push us off. We glide for a bit before reaching shallow ground. I get out and reach my hand towards her. She grabs it and I gently lift her up off onto dry land. "Where are we going now?" She asks clearly curious. I smile and gently pull her in the direction of our destination. One tree stood out from the others in the thick forest. It was lit up from the inside. I smiled and climbed up first. She followed and looked around. Around us were blue candles that enlightened our surroundings. "We're in a tree house." She exclaimed as she sat down on the wooden floor. I nod and say "I used to come here when I was little.. To get away from everything when I wanted to be left alone." She touches my hand gently and I shiver with pleasure. "Thank you, for everything today." I nod and pull out a small basket with two sandwiches in it. "I'm not the best chef but.." I hand her one and unwrap mine. She takes a bite and smiles, "It's good." I smile and eat mine. After eating I stand up and tug on a rope on the side of one of the walls. I blow out the candles and look up. The roof disappears and the only light that makes us visible is the light coming from the thousands of stars surrounding us. I lay down next to her and smile. "I know this is kinda corny..." She laughs a bit and says "I like corny."