Sneak

(Juni's pov)

That night I couldn't fall asleep, my head kept replaying what had happened this afternoon, I wasn't myself. That person, that "Redeemed Flyer" was not me. I sighed and got out of bed. I opened my door slowly and looked down the hall way. No one was up besides me. I walked out into the hallway and walked around. I was hoping this would help me think. As I walked I escaped into my own world, not noticing my surroundings until I bumped right into the head Flyer. I blinked and stepped back a bit. "So-sorry I was just going to get a drink of water..." She looked out me, her eyes shimmering. "Outside?" I realized I had walked outside without meaning to. "I want to talk to you Juni.. I know learning you're a Redeemer is a lot to take in, you must have a lot of questions." I nodded and sighed, knowing someone else gets it meant a lot. "Earlier today, Cas and I went for a fly... But we were ambushed my a Flightless." Her expression changed but she didn't say anything. "We fought, I ending on top, but also almost ending a life... I've never thought about killing a living thing before.. From a fly to a human, never... I didn't feel like myself today, at all... Something's happening to me." She nods and I could tell she understands. "Do you know why the last Redeemer hasn't been alive for more than 200 years?" I shook my head. "It's because only one, with an incredibly strong personality and can endure great pain, can be called a Redeemer, it's an incredible gift that only some can control, but it's also very dangerous. For every time you heal... Your dark side comes out... It's something not even the greatest Redeemer could control. That is why being a Redeemer is so rare, an incredible gift but can also be seen as a horrifying curse." Her words hit me like daggers. "Why me?" She shook her head and said "I'm afraid only you can figure that question out." She nodded and gave a gentle smile towards me, then she expanded her giant silver wings, as she lifted off her wings glistened in the moon light. I watched her go, leaving me with more questions than I had before.