Shifting

First Shift

      A werewolf's first shift is set at an exact age. It's a time period. The first shift is triggered during puberty, so anywhere from 12 to 18. This shift will always happen on a full moon.

      lone wolf: a lone wolf however has to have the gene activated. This happens by coming in contact with the rare herb known as wolfs banes or by being bitten by a paranormal being like another werewolf, vampire, demon, etc. Although it is rare, a witch's magic can also trigger it. Once activated the were will shift on the next full moon. 

*first shifts are the most painful. The more a were shifts the more accustomed to it the become.

After the first shift a werewolf can shift at will. The pull of the full moon pushes them to shift however they are not required. The longer a were goes without shifting though can cause them to become sick.

Wolf form

        First off, if you want to know the color of a were's fur take at look at the hair color when they are in human form. It matches unless the were dies their hair. You'll see younger weres with salt and pepper hair because their coats are mixed. Same goes for the eyes. Genetics are something not even magic can change.

       In form they look like a regular wolf just larger. 

Werewolves are discouraged from shifting in front of uninitiated humans however in extreme circumstances they have been known to do it.