Chapter Five

"You'll never love yourself half as much as I love you. And you'll never treat yourself right darlin', but I want you to. If I let you know I'm here for you. Maybe you'll love yourself like I love you. Oh"

I smile at Liam. "Niall is amazing!"

Liam nods in agreement. I clap as loud as I can as Niall finishes his song.

He walks off the stage to meet us. "So what did you guys think?"

I wrap my arms around him. "It was totally fantastic!"

His smile grows very wide.

"I agree, you were amazing." Liam smiles at Niall and then at me. "Oh, yeah, I was wondering if we could go to a movie or something tonight?"

I nod. "Sounds great."

I hug Niall again before Liam asks what I want to see.

"Well, what's playing?"

"The only one I know of is Catching Fire, but we can look when we get there."

"Or we could just watch Catching Fire!" I say. "I loved the first movie and the books were fantastic! I would love to see that movie!"

Liam smiles as he grabs my hand. We continue walking to the theatre. It was only a few blocks from where Niall was performing, so Liam and I decided to walk.

*****

That movie leaves me in tears, but I quickly hide them as the lights come back on. I smile at Liam.

"That was amazing, thank you," I say with a smile.

He answers by slowly leaning in. I flutter my eyes closed as he kisses me.

I smile again as he pulls away.

We have to walk back to where Niall performed to get our cars.

When we get there I hug Liam so we can both get going. He gives me another quick kiss and I tell him I'll text him tomorrow.

He gets in his car and drives off. I open my door and start to get in, but something catches my eye. It's a blonde dancing on the counter.

"Oh, dammit Niall." I say slamming my door shut.

I walk into the bar and stand by the counter. He notices me and smiles a not so sober smile.

"Hey, Brooke," he says, slowly. "What are you doing here?"

"Getting you home, now come on, Ni. Get off the damn counter."

He shakes his head at me.

"Fine, have it your way. I'll see you soon," I say, turning to walk away.

"Wait, Brooke! I'm sorry, I'm coming, don't leave."

I let out a sigh. "Why? Why did you get completely wasted tonight?"

"I was upset." he says bluntly.

"About?"

"This girl I like."

"What about her?" I ask.

"She doesn't like me."

"So you get drunk?!" I yell.

"No! I mean, yes, but it's not that simple. I honestly think I love her, Brooke. And she's slipping away."

"Then don't let her."

"But she's dating somebody. And she really likes him."

"Do you want her to be happy?" I ask. He nods. "Even if it's with someone else?" He hesitates, but then nods again. "Then let her be happy, Ni. Who knows, maybe one day she'll realize what a great guy you are!"

He smiles a little bit.

I get him in the car and he falls asleep so I take him to my house. I get him up to my room, him being barely awake, and put him in my bed. I grab a few blankets and set them up on the couch for me.