Chapter Eight

"So what's up?" Niall asks me.

"Well," I start. "Liam wants me to come over. And he's making it seem like he wants to have sex. And I've never had sex and I mean sure it'd be fun, but I'm nervous and it's not something I just want to give away."

Niall shakes his head. "Liam? Really? You would lose your virginity to him?!" He says, his voise getting louder.

"That's not what I said."

"He's a player, Brooke. He's using you!"

"He is NOT using me! And it's not like I said yes, anyways!"

Niall runs a hand through his hair. Niall grabs his coat.

"I'm gonna go. Do what you want. I'll call you soon. When I'm not so mad."

I feel tears sting my eyes as he walks out the door.

I grab my keys and get into my car and drive to Liam's. I'm not gonna have sex with him I just need someone to talk to.

A few seconds after I know he answers the door. Beore he can say anything I'm hugging him with tears soaking my cheekc.

"Brooke, what's going on?"

"Me and Niall just got into a fight." I sob even more.

"Come sit down."

I let Liam hold me there until I've calmed down a bit.

He lifts my chin up and kisses me sweetly. He wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me closer. He starts to deepen the kiss and I let him.

He starts to pull my shirt up.

"Liam, what are you doing?" I ask.

"Taking your shirt off."

I pull my shirt back down. "Why?"

"Just like what I said in my text. No clothe required," he winks.

"I like to keep my clothes on, actually," I say.

"So you didn't come over to have sex?"

"No. I came over because my best friend and I are fighting and I needed someone to talk to. I thought my boyfriend would be that person."

"Wow! I know we went on a couple dates, but we never made it official."

I feel my stomach drop.

"So you just wanted to get into my pants?"

"I wouldn't put it that way, I just wanted a casual fling. No strings attached."

My jaw drops as he says these words. I feel like a knife has been sliced though my gut. And the worst part? Niall was right and I was a bitch to him.

"Well, I am not into that. Ilike meaningful relationships." I grab my coat and my keys and I walk out the door.

I feel like shit. I won't be getting a best friend of the year award, that's for sure.

I feel like calling Niall, but I don't need an ""I told you so" right now. So I settle for ice cream instead.

I pull into the ice cream place and go to the counter.

"Can I get chocolate ice cream, and lots of sprinkles."

The guy behind the counter nods. I hear the door open and close as I wait for my ice cream and hear a familiar Irish accent.