Chapter Six

I lay awake for a few hours. I have no idea why, but when Niall said he liked someone, my stomach dropped. There's no way I could like him right?

No, of course not. I don't like him, he's like a brother to me.

When I wake up the next morning I walk up to my room to see if Niall is awake yet. He's still sleeping like a baby. I sit at the edge on my bed and put my head in my hands.

"Oh no! Please tell me we-oh gosh. And you look mad! Oh no!"

I turn around to see a frantic Niall.

"Niall, what the hell is wrong with you?"

"I can't find my pants and you're in here and I-I mean did we?"

I start laughing hystarically. Niall actually thinks we had sex.

"It's not funny, Brooke! Did we...you know?"

I decide I want to mess with him a little bit.

"You really don't remember?" I say. I turn on my acting skills and put a look of hurt on my face. "You said I was the best you've ever been with and you don't even remember."

His jaw drops and he starts looking around frantically. I smile and hug him.

"Niall, relax. We didn't have sex. I was kidding."

"That last line freaked me out!" He says. "I'm...um. I'm still a, uh, virgin."

"Me too, Ni. It's nothing to be ashamed of."

"It is when Liam's your best friend. He's always talking about how I need to just lose it already."

"Don't let him pressure you. It'll happen when the time is right."

He smiles at me. He starts to get out of the bed in just his underwear. I turn around so I'm not facing him and he finally finds his pants.

"Thanks for letting me stay here, Brooke. You're the best," he says. He kisses my cheek as he leaves the room and my heart beats hard in my chest.

I take a few more seconds before I follow him downstairs.

"What do you want for breakfast, my drunk little leprechan best friend?" I ask with a laugh.

"Can you cook?"

I shake my head. "I can cook a few things, but mostly I stick to Em-I stick to eating out."

I look at my feet, feeling really low all of a sudden. All of a sudden Niall's arms are around me. I start to sob.

"I miss her, Ni."

He rubs soothing circles on my back. "I know, Brooke. Maybe you should give her another chance."

I nod. He lets me go. "I should. I'm sorry for crying on you."

"What are best friends for?"

I let out a small laugh. "I can cook eggs," I say.

"Yum!"

I laugh louder.

*****

After me and Niall get done eating I grab the third plate o breakfast. I take a deep breath and walk up stairs.

I knock on Emma's door. She opens it slowly, still rubbing her eyes.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to wake you up," I feel my palms get sweaty.

"What are you holding?"

"Um. I, uh, made you some breakfast."

She takes the plate slowly. I turn to walk away.

"Wait."

I turn back around as she sets her plate down. All of a sudden, she's hugging me. I hug her back.

I see Niall at the bottom of the stairs smiling at us.

"I'll see you later. Call me, okay?" he mouths towards me.

I nod, with tears of joy in my eyes. I got Emma back.