Chapter Nine

I honestly hope Niall doesn't notice me. I watch as he pulls out his phone and scrunches up his face, debating on something. He types something out really quickly and puts his phone down.

"Boy step a little closer, 'cos I don't think you've heard these words before."

My Little Mix ringtone blares through the store and I watch as Niall slowly looks at me, his jaw wide open.

Instead of checking my message, I just walk over there.

"Hey," I say awkwardly.

"I'm sorry," we both say at the same time. I laugh nervously.

"I shouldn't have said those things about Liam, I can see that you really like him."

"You, but you were right, Ni."

He gives me a questioning look.

"He wanted a 'casual thing' with no commitment. I went over there upset because you and I were fighting and he still tried to get in my pants."

Niall scoots to my side of the table and hugs me. I let him wrap his arms around me as I cry on his shoulder.

"You're the best, Ni. I need to learn to take your advice."

He smiles.

To lighten the mood I change the subject. "So. You and Emma?" I say with a wink.

He shakes his head. "What are you talking about?"

"I'm talking about the flirting I saw at dinner tonight."

"We weren't flirting," he says.

"Oh, yes you were dear. It's pretty obvious."

"I don't even like her though I was just telling her who I-" he stops himself.

"Who you like? Tell me!"

"I can't."

"Why not?"

"Because you know her, you'll tell."

I feel my heart sink at these words. I don't like him!

"I won't tell, promise!"

He shakes his head. I figure it's better not to push him. He'll tell me in his own time.

When we get done with our ice cream we go to my house. It's not abnormal for Niall to just crash on the couch, or in the case of him being drunk, on my bed with me on the couch.

We sit and watch movies and I feel myself falling asleep. I rest my head on his shoulder and a few seconds later I'm out.

I wake up still on the couch, still next to Niall, but he fell asleep to, so somehow we managed to lay down.

I try to slowly get up, but in his sleep, Niall pulls me back down. I realize our legs are tangled together and we fit perfectly.

Okay, I'll admit it. I think I like him. It feels weird being like this now, knowing how I feel about him.

*****

I wake up agaijn just as Niall is waking up.

"Good morning, I say with a yawn.

"Morning." We stay in the same position and I am definitly enjoying it.

"What do you want for breakfast?" I ask him.

"I'm not ready to get up yet, so just stay here for a few more minutes."

I smile at him and lay my head back down.