Chapter Ten

I realize how close our faces are as I lay there. I don't think he's noticed.

"You know, you're a pretty awesome person," I tell him with a smile. I rest my forehead against his.

"You are, too." He smiles back. I feel his breath on my lips. I start to close the distance before Emma screams from her room. I jump off the couch and run upstairs.

"What's going on?" I yell, bursting into her room.

"Th-there's a h-h-huge spider and it w-was on my face," she stutters.

I put my hand against my chest, afraid my heart will beat out of it if I don't.

"You scared the living shit out of me!"

I walk to her bed and hug her.

"I'm sorry."

I rub her back and she shakes in my arms. She calms down a little bit.

"So, last night I was thirsty and I saw you asleep on Niall's shoulder," she says casually.

"Yeah we were watching a movie and I was really tired. I guess I fell asleep."

"Yeah, but I came back down again to put my glass in the sink and you were both asleep on the couch." She has a sly smile on her face.

I feel my cheeks heat up. "We fell asleep and ended in that position."

"Uh huh," she says with a wink.

"Em! It was nothing!"

My cheeks are still flaming. Niall comes in the room.

"Is everything okay?"

"Yeah, everything's fine. There was a spider. I, uh, have to pee." Emma rushes to the bathroom.

I let out a small laugh. Niall moves closer while laughing.

I smile at him. He smiles down on me.

"I love how tall you are," I say brushing my fingers through his hair.

"Oh yeah? And why is that?"

"You're the perfect height to hug," I say smiling again.

I put my arms around his neck and hug him. He wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me closer.

As we're pulling apart, our cheecks brush. We stand there with our lips just inches apart. I feel his breath on my lips.

With my hands already around his neck, I use them to pull him towards me. I smile as he gets closer.

I push my lips against his. Our lips move in sync. I feel like I'm flying. It's like my body is being electrocuted. I feel sparks all the way in my finger tips.

As we pull away I smile. We rest our heads against each other.

"Wow," Niall says. "I've only been waiting for that for forever now."

I let out a giggle. "Me, too."

Emma walks back in.

"Oh shit! Sorry. I'll, um, leave."

"Em, you're fine. You walked in at the perfect time."

Niall kisses me quickly again. He keeps pecking me. I smile at him.

I hug him again.

"I'm leaving. You guys are too cute for my liking," Emma says walking out of the room again.

I peck him again. After a few more I just keep him there and kiss him again.

"Wanna go get some coffee?" Niall asks.

"Hmmm, let's see. Coffee? Of course I'm in!"