Chapter 5: Wounded

Andrea's POV

Her reaction was not what I expected. The room was silent for a moment and then she spoke up.

"It's true. Kevin did hit me. He never used to be like this. It's like he completely changed." she said. 

"There's something else you need to know about the husband you married." I said.

"What?" she said

"Remember when you said that Kevin was always going out of town a lot? Well, I did some research and I looked up Kevin Martin in the police database. His picture came up but he has a different name. So, what I'm saying is your husband stole a dead man's identity and his name. So your husband's real name is De'Andre Thomas. He's a drug kingpin. He's probably out selling drugs right now. We need to find and have him arrested." I said.

"So..... All this time I was married to a..... to a..... drug dealer?! No, I can't have my son around him no more!" she said.

"Why don't you come stay with me? Just until we find Kevin and have him arrested for good. We can't have him killing innocent women anymore." I asked.

"Ok. I just need to pack a few things." she said.

"Ok. I'll pick you up tomorrow afternoon." I said.

"I can't believe this shit! The whole fucking time I thought he was a bank accountant! So that means he bought this house with drug money! I'm so pissed off right now!" she said.

Katrina began to cry and I held her in my arms until she stopped. We talked some more and checked on her son. I had to leave because I had to work the next day. The investigation is almost over and I need to talk to Jackson to see what he found. Kevin's coming back home next week. I think it's best we get her out of here now before Kevin comes home. There's no telling what he might do next. I told Katrina goodbye and I left to go home.  

Katrina's POV

I can't believe this! Who the fuck did I marry?! The man that I once loved was not the man I thought he was all these years. My mind is racing and I feel like such a fool. I felt like I got played like a sucker. I couldn't sleep so I packed my bags and Keon's bags. We are getting the hell out of here. I can't stay here anymore. My whole marriage was a lie. I laid in bed and cried all night. 

The next morning......

I arrived to work as usual at 8 am. I went to the office to meet with Jackson. I fixed myself a cup of coffee with cream and sugar then I sat in my chair. Jackson came in and sat down. 

"Well, Jackie? What did you find?" I asked.

"I found out a lot of things out there in the woods that police missed like a bloody t-shirt, and two bloody underwears. We did a DNA test and dusted the items for fingerprints. I got the results this morning. The bloody t-shirt belonged to Jessica because when we found her she was half-naked and covered in blood. Her fingerprints were on them as well as De'Andre. The two underwears belong to Amanda and Mariah. His semen was found in them which means he raped both women before he killed them. The question is why did he do these things to these women? I talked to Jessica on the phone last night and we had an interesting conversation. Her reason why Kevin or De'Andre did this to her was because she found drugs in a bag in her closet. She confronted him about it and he wouldn't say anything to her. She told him that if he had anything to do with this, that she was going to call the police on him. This guy has been arrested on drug charges and he was afraid to back to jail again. That why he did what he did to those women. He didn't want to risk his secret coming out so the bastard snapped." said Jackson.