Chapter 9: To Love Again

Andrea's POV

It's another morning and the nightmare is over. I took a shower and threw on some khaki drawstring pants, a red and black long sleeve shirt and some brown timbs. I grabbed my wallet and keys. I went into my closet and grabbed my gun and badge. Today is the day I break the news to Jackson and turn in my things to the Captain. I gonna miss my job but most of all I gonna miss working with my buddy Jackson. I grabbed all of my stuff and left the house. I got into my car and went to the bakery. I bought myself a bearclaw and apple juice. I ate my breakfast on my way to work. I went to the station and carried the items I had in a cardboard box. I parked in my parking space and got out of the car. I popped open the trunk and grabbed the cardboard box. I noticed that Jackson wasn't here yet. I went to captain's office and return my items. I gave him a day's notice and explained to him why I was leaving.

"Well, I'm gonna miss ya, Watson. You were one of the best police officers on this force. Here's your last check stub. Jackson is going to be our new Chief Lieutenant. I guess you'll tell him the news about you leaving the force, right?" said Captain.

"Yes sir. I am. I gonna miss you and the guys too. Thanks for everything." I said.

"Goodbye Watson." said Captain.

"Goodbye Captain. I said. 

I left his office and went to my desk. I packed up everything in my box and when I was done, Jackson arrived. He looked confused. 

"Hey! Where's your uniform and why are packing up your things?" He asked.

"Jackson, I got something to tell you. I'm leaving the force today. Actually, I'm retiring. Since I got a business degree, I'm thinking of opening a gym of my own since I like to work out a lot. " I said.

"Man, I wish you weren't leaving! What am I gonna do without you? You're the reason I come to work everyday. It's gonna be boring without you and nobody else is as fun or funny as you." He said.

"You'll do fine without me. You gonna get a new partner and I bet your partner will be funny as I am.  You can visit me anytime. You know that." I said.

"I gonna miss you around here, Dre." said Jackson.

"I know." I said.

"So how's it going with Katrina?" said Jackson.

"She's fine. She doesn't have anymore nightmares and since I'm better now, she wants to look for a place for her and her son. I really don't want her to leave. I think I'm falling in love with her." I said.

"I didn't think you would fall in love again, not since Karen died. You were pretty messed up from that. Have you told Katrina about this?" said Jackson.

"No. I think I'll tell her some time today. See you later, Jackie.

I left the station and got into my car. I drove the long way home so I could use the time to reflect on things. 

Katrina's POV

I finally have all my bags packed and loaded them up in my car. I found a early flight ticket to New York. I have to leave now if I want to make it to the airport on time. I made sure Keon was strapped tight in his seat. I wrote a note and left it on the door for Dre'. I look at my son and said to myself, "It's time for a new beginning for us, little man." I turned on the engine and left the driveway. I drove straight to the airport which is an hour away.

Andrea's POV

I finally made it home from the long drive. I couldn't wait to see Katrina. We needed to talk about some things and where do we go from here. So I pulled up to the driveway and got out of the car. I walked to my door and noticed a piece of paper stuck to the door. I picked up and opened it. It reads: