Chapter 1.

"I think I left my homework at home."

Kion rolled his eyes at his sisters attempt to go back home.

Honestly. Whats so bad about school?

"Nice try, Ki." Simba said, keeping his eyes fixed on the road. "Your mother packed everything you and your brother needed for your first day of middle school."

Nala smiled. "Thats right." She glanced back at her kids. Kiara had her arms crossed over her chest, scowling as the wind blew her blonde hair back. Kion, on the other hand, had a huge grin on his face.

"Come on Kiara, schools not that bad." He told his sister, his amber eyes glimmering.

"Speak for yourself." Kiara mumbled.

Kion laughed a little. Honestly, he knew what she found so horrible about school. That there were rules.

Which Kiara hated.

Kion, on the other hand, was a stickler for the rules.

Kiara just doesnt like doing anything she's told to do. Kion thought in amusement.

"Its not so bad." He smiled.

"Mhm." Kiara rolled her eyes.

"Your just mad because you always get bad grades." Kion teased.

Kiara looked at her brother. "Shut up."

"Make me." Kion replied.

"Kion.." Kiara warned.

"Yes, 'big' sister?"

"Last chance to shut it."

"Im absolutely terrified." Kion rolled his eyes.

"Keep talking and i'll give you a reason to be terr--" Kiara began.

"Alright, you two, thats enough." Simba said, sounding slightly amused.

"Our kids." Nala was laughing.

Kion raised an eyebrow at his parents, throwing his sister a smug smirk.

Kiara rolled her eyes and looked out the window.

Kion couldnt help but laugh softly, turning his head to look out his own window with a huge smile.

"Laugh again, Kion, I swear.." Kiara growled. Literally.

"Ha, h--"

"We're here!" Simba interrupted Kion's reply.

"Hooray." Kiara said sarcastically, grabbing her backpack.

"Yay!" Kion grabbed his and smiled at his parents. "See ya Mom, see ya Dad." He said, opening his door and jumping out of the car.

"Have fun!" Nala called.

"Stay out of trouble." Simba added, looking straight at Kiara.

"Yeah, sure." Kiara said, hopping out of the car and slamming it behind her before walking off toward the building.

"Kion," Simba looked at his son.

"Hmm?" Kion turned to look at him.

"Keep Kiara out of trouble."

"You got it, Dad." Kion said with a laugh before turning and following his sister.