Chapter 19.

"Uhhh, 'La-La?" Vexy gave Kila a gentle push, wide-eyed as she looked over to where Kion was sitting with some girl, talking and laughing. But Kila had already seen her brother.

"Mm." Kila shrugged a little, twirling her hair around her finger calmly. "So?"

Vexy watched her. "You're upset."

"I'm not upset Vexy." Kila insisted, then raised her head. "Hey Huckleberry! Forget the hotdogs, let's bail!" She yelled.

Koja groaned, the hotdogs in his hands. "So you're not hungry?!"

"Just bring em." Kila smiled in amusement.

"Talk to him." Vexy shoved Kila in Kion's direction.

"Vex I swear to god," Kila warned. "Just let it go alright? I left, its no big deal. Look, he's happy." She glanced toward Kion. "They've forgotten about me."

"Don't be ridiculous 'La-La Land." Vexy huffed, then narrowed her eyes. "Who's that he talking to? He's supposed to be with Bunga." She then looked up, watching Kila's expression change. "You still like Bunga."

"Don't be stupid." Kila laughed as she looked toward Koja, smiling. "The love of my life is the one in the cowboy hat."

"But Bunga was you first crush," Vexy pointed out.

"Puppy love. Besides, he likes Kion." Kila scoffed.

"Speaking of Kion," Vexy gave her a pointed stare. "Talk to him."

Kila simply smiled, pulled her phone out of her pocket and walked off toward Koja.

Vexy looked down when her phone went off.

Kila: Nope.

"Nope." Vexy sighed, then hurried after her best friend.