Chapter 13

"Didn't think I was going to see you here," Eve says as I stand next to her. She nonchalantly sips from a purple cup. I would try whatever she's drinking, but knowing her, it could be anything. And I mean anything.

"Yeah, I had to make up some excuse for my dad." I can't tell her about Peter holding me back. It's none of her business and I don't want anyone to find out.

"Not a lot of girls like you lie to their daddy," she says, surfing the crowd. As if she's looking for someone.

"Girls like me?"

"Oh trust me. She's not who she looks like," Adrien mumbles. Clenching my fists and biting my tongue doesn't do anything anymore. I'm sick of Adrien's smart ass comments.

"Adrien, shut the hell up!" I hiss. Some people hear me, and stop their conversation to stare. I don't care. All I'm paying attention to is Adrien's satanic eyes bleeding through me. He takes a step towards me.

"Sass will get you nowhere, Ivy" Just as I'm about to tell him off again, Eve grabs my hand and leads me towards the winding stair case on the wall. When I look back, Adrien is smirking at me. The dark wood stairs creak as I step on each one. All I see as I ascend are bobbling colored dots from each head from a person at the party.

"I really want to punch Adrien out," I say when we reach the top. Eve stares at me for a moment. For a second she looks innocent. Only for a second.

"I figured you could use some help to get you through the night. We'll use the drugs in my bedroom." She doesn't take her time.

Her bedroom is the first room to the right. It looks nothing as I expected. The walls are dark purple, and her carpet is a pearl white. Her bed has black sheets on it, but with a square pattern in light purple. There are posters of The Beetles everywhere.

"I love this," I tell her. I'm hoping she can't see how excited I am, but it's hard to contain. I like Eve's room more than Mrs. Blakely's home office.

"Thanks. My mom put a lot of money into it. Too bad her daughter turned into a massive druggie. Sometimes I'm too high to even appreciate it."

"Then why do you do it?" I ask. She turns her head and looks at me as if I'm crazy.

"There is such thing as addiction you know. I can't stop. I mean, I really can't."

"I'm sorry," I say. There's no way I'm going to get addicted like Eve is. I've just started doing drugs and I have a reason for doing them. Eve probably started doing drugs for no reason. Adrien probably had her try something and she got hooked.

"It's okay." She reaches into my dress pocket. As if she knew I was going to bring the pills with me. "Let's get started." She then gets up and enters a room connected to hers. I guessing it's the bathroom, because when she turns the light on, I can see the blue paint from it reflecting on her purple bedroom walls. The rush of the water from the sink is loud, and I casually pick at fuzz from her bed sheets. When she finally comes back out, she's holding a glass cup with water in it. She sets it on the floor at the end of the bed, and dumps four of the shining pills in my palm.

"Why do I need four?" I ask eyeing the pills.

"This party will seem so much better with four. The more pills the better the high, right?" I shrug. I guess.

Although I have done this already, I have butterflies in my stomach. Maybe it's the anticipation, or maybe it's Eve's story getting to me. Either way, I'm going to do this. She picks up the water and gives it to me, smiling gently. The glass is cold and spotted with water droplets. I slowly tilt my head back and dump the pills in. As soon as I swallow a huge sip of water, Eve braces my back with her right hand, and pushes me back on the bed with her left.