Chapter 15

It's been two weeks. A lot can happen in the duration of two weeks. And a lot did happen that I'm not proud of. I haven't even told Peter. I promised I wouldn't lie or keep secrets from him. But I am. To make matters worse, I found out that Danny's bruises were nothing serious. They just happened to be accidents and my fucked up brain decided to bring Ken to the conclusion. Why is this bad? Well, I've blamed something as serious as abuse on Ken, and I put Danny through it as well. Score for the dumb ass. Ivy 1, everyone else, 0.

I decided to forgive Eve. I didn't just do it for the hell of things either. I finally caved in and answered her texts. Turns out she was in trouble the night of Chase's party too. With Adrien. When I was high and jumping into the pool like an idiot, Eve was trying to help me. Adrien wouldn't let her. That's what she told me. He ended up beating her pretty bad. I haven't heard from her since then, which is odd. I'm going to visit her today. Even though she couldn't be there for me, I'm going to be there for her. Eve really does need me.

Claire still isn't speaking to me. I'm getting worried. I drove to her house a few days ago. She didn't even answer the door for me. Peter said she's just scared of my actions. She can't be scared. I need her support more than anyone. She's my best friend. Nobody gets me more than she does. I haven't been myself lately because of her. Peter assumed some nightly make out sessions would cheer me up. They did of course, but in the back of my brain I know that his lips can't make up for Claire's presence. Peter and I are going steady. Our first date was amazing. We looked through his telescope and talked about his life before Giles. He wasn't that popular at his last high school, and he wants to go to NYU. Just like me. Mom hasn't met him yet. I'm hoping she won't find out for a little while longer, but knowing Danny, that's not going to happen.

"I don't want you near her," he says as he grabs my tank top strap. I swipe his hand off.

"Nothing is going to happen, Peter." I press my face lightly to his. "Promise." I close my eyes as he kisses my shoulder. Ever since my confession, he's hated Adrien and Eve. Eve isn't even the one who is holding the drugs. Adrien is.

"I want to trust you-"

"Then do it. I'm just going to see if she's ok." He ponders, not looking at me, but the world outside. He finally nods his head in approval. I don't want to be controlled by Peter, but this relationship will only work if we can agree on decisions together. That's what mom told dad the day they met. To bad their relationship never worked out.

I park my car on the other side of the road as before. When I step out, the heated wind wraps around me. Suffocating me. This has to be the hottest day this month. The sun shines perfectly on Eve's house. Mom would be in love. Although the house looks nice, what's inside it is the opposite.

As I walk up to the door, it opens up. Eve stands in the doorway her red hair pulled into a messy bun on top of her head. She obviously hasn't done anything today by the way she is dressed. Her failed attempts of hiding the bruises under makeup and sweaters are hard not to stare at. She looks me in the eye and breaths a cold,

"What?" I shrug with my hands in my pocket.

"I just wanted to see you. How are you?" She groans and opens her arms.

"How the fuck do I look to you, Ivy?" Her voice is like venom as it spews from her chapped lips. My stomach twists and I pick at my pocket.

"I'm sorry." I say, turning to leave. I am just past the pathway to the door before she calls out my name. I turn to look at her and she crosses her arms and leans on the doorway.

"Don't go. You've been the only one to visit me." I feel myself smile and walk back to the door.

"Where's Adrain?" I ask watching her roll her eyes.