Chapter 16

"Let me see," I say, trying to grasp Peter's face. He angrily turns his head away.

"I'm fine. We're even."

"But that's not what you wanted." I don't know what I was expecting to come out of this. I was just hoping Adrien would leave me alone, but now Peter is hurt, and I'm guilty. He starts to walk to his car as I trail behind.

"Yeah, because you got in the way. I didn't want you to get hurt." I can hear the irritation in his voice.

"I'm sorry." I lightly say. "Do you want to come over and clean up first? You're dad will worry."

"Like you give two shits, Ivy." What? Why is he mad at me? I told him not to fight Adrien. My hand rests on his arm.

"This isn't my fault."

"This is your fault! If you weren't a freakin druggy, everyone wouldn't have to keep looking out for you." He opens his car door, but I slam it shut. Harder than I wanted too.

"Is that what you really think?" His eyes look right through me. As if he doesn't want anything to do with me. "Stop ignoring me! I need you."

"You sound like my mom," he says with disgust. How can he say that to me? I go to my car, arms crossed. My body shakes as I sob. Peter roughly grabs my shoulder, startling me. I don't know why I'm expecting him to hit me. I know he wouldn't do that, but he's so bipolar it's hard to tell.

"What?" I managed to squeak out.

"Don't go home and start doing drugs with that bitch." He nods towards Eve who was busy drinking beer with Adrien. For some reason, Peter's comment makes me more angry than sad.

"Let go of me!" As soon as I'm out of his grip, I walk over to Eve and Adrien as confidently as I can. Adrien smirks and hands me a bottle from behind him. I can see Peter's face from behind the windshield. He doesn't look mad. His face is blank. I try to convince myself he really does care about me.

"You finally realized what a prick he is, eh?" Adrien asks. Eve nudges him with her elbow. He just grins in satisfaction. He's still bleeding from his nose. He almost looks insane with his roughed up hair and cut up face. For a second I feel scared. But I know Eve will keep him in check. I mean, if I didn't want to be here, I would have left already.

We all stand and watch Peter pull out of the abandoned area. The leaves rustle around us, and the wind blows my strands over my face. I don't care. At least Adrien can't see my face which means he can't comment on anything about Peter and I.

After awhile of awkward silence, I put my beer down. I was just drinking it for no reason, and the taste is so vile, it's made my tongue numb. I don't even drink. Maybe I should have gone with Peter. My stomach tightens up thinking about staying here with Adrien.

"I may have gotten into it with your boyfriend, but I don't touch woman, Ivy." What a load of shit. I can clearly see the bruises on Eve. She's wearing a slightly oversized sweater, but the bruises appear when she shifts uncomfortably.

"I know this isn't my place, but...do you hit Eve?" Eve stiffens, but Adrien looks at the sky as he bites his bottom lip. I don't know why I have the nerve to ask this question, and it's not like I don't know where those bruises came from anyways.

"Don't act stupid. We have our fights. Besides, I can touch what's mine all I want." Eve leans into kiss him, and I turn away feeling nauseas. And suddenly dizzy. The gravel starts zooming in and out. I can suddenly feel arms grabbing me, but I swipe hem away. Eve's trying to help me, but I like this feeling. It slowly subsides.

"What just happened?" Eve asks concerned.

"I don't know. I think I'm dehydrated." I close my eyes again trying to make the feeling come back. Adrien hands me my beer, but I shake my head. What I need is water, but what I want is the drug Adrien has been giving me.