Chapter 14

Claire eventually called my dads and told him that I was spending the night. That was after Peter left me. When mom text me asking if I was coming back over, Claire text her for me, saying that I will be going tomorrow. As much as I don't want to go there, I guess that's Claire's payback for what I did to her. After I was done vomiting in her bathroom, she forced me to sleep. Apparently it was two in the morning. I can't sleep.

"You're lucky you didn't overdose."

"I wasn't even close, Claire. But I'm sorry. I'd didn't mean to scare you." I sigh and close my eyes. The stomach pain has faded away, but I'm tired. And I can't sleep. The guilt has piled up on my shoulders, and it hurts.

"You're like a sister me. If anything bad happened to you, I don't know what I would do. It's not something I like to think about." She lays her head on my stomach. "The way you looked in the pool...it was terrifying." She breaths out, but it's choppy. She's crying.

"I'm so sorry. Don't cry Claire, please. I'm sorry." The more I say I'm sorry, the less I start to believe it. I'm sorry for what I put Claire through, but I'm not sorry for taking the drugs. They make me feel good. They don't have the same home situation as me. How dare they tell me not to do something that will help me through this? They have no right.

I wake up to a bone chilling breeze, and Claire's face on my stomach, with dried tears on it. I lazily turn my head to the window. It takes me a few seconds to get to that point because my neck is stiff. I fell asleep in a laid back position with my head against the bed frame. The alarm clock on the window sill says 11:00am. If only I knew where my cell phone was. I probably have a message or two from my parents. I guess I'll just wait for Claire to wake up. I have a lot to think about anyways. It hurts to think. I have a massive headache, and by the way my head feels, it's a bit swollen.

I told Eve not to let anything happen to me. Later, I'm in a pool with bunch of naked people, and blood swirling around my body. I want to trust her. She seemed so nice and to actually care about me, but then that happened. Where is she now? Does she even care where I am? I can't see Eve being a manipulative compulsive lier, but she hangs out with Adrien. Anything is possible.

After an hour of lying uncomfortably, I had to wake Claire's ass up. She woke up less pissed off than the night before. I tried cracking a few jokes to lighten her up even more, but she didn't budge. Damn, I really screwed up this time. When she was putting her dark blue eyeliner, on her almond eyes, she still didn't say a word to me. The only time we spoke decent words to each other was when I asked if I could borrow a pair of sweatpants, and a scoop neck shirt. She said yes.

"Maybe we'll see each other later," Claire says before she closes the front door to her house. I bite my lip and turn around. My car is parked in her driveway. I bust open the drivers door wanting to leave her house as soon as possible. My cell phone is on the seat vibrating. Mom is calling.

"What?" Either Claire or Peter put my keys somewhere. I can't find them.

"You're coming over here for a few days right, hun?"

"Yeah, mom. Where do I usually put my keys? I can't find them." I stuff my hand between the seat and car door. No luck.

"In the compartment under the wheel. How was hanging out with that boy?" I can feel her smile through the phone.

"I have to go mom. I'll be home in a bit." She surprisingly doesn't give me any "buts" and let's me go. I'm not going back into Claire's house, because she definitely doesn't want to see my face for a little while. I decide to call her. What else can I do? I need my car keys.

"Where are my car keys?" I ask as nicely as I can when she picks up.

"Peter has them."

"What? Why the hell does he have them? How am I supposed to go anywhere?"