Chapter 1

Chapter  1

          It was the middle of winter here in Michigan. My friend Christine was engaged to be married. She was getting married at a great venue on Lake Michigan. The venue doubled as a reception hall and a stage for big performers. Anyways, I was on my way to her bachelorette party. The wedding was in two days and I knew she was excited. I stopped into a party store to get a few drinks. As I was leaving I see this guy walking down the street, really short compared to the guys around him. He was pretty funny looking, he had a beanie on, and on top of that he had a fedora on. One of the guys starts throwing out a beat and the short guy starts singing. I'd know that voice anywhere it was Bruno Mars. I was sure of it.

            As they continued to walk by I realized I was starring. Bruno noticed I was starring and I quickly looked away. He smiled at me and continued singing and walking down the street. Without hesitation I started to follow him. I kept a safe distance so that if they noticed I was following them I could hide. I noticed that we were heading towards Christine's wedding venue. I thought to myself  'there's no way he's performing here?!'. I couldn't believe it. When we got to the building they went into the backstage door.

          I hurried to the door and grabbed it before it shut, then I slipped in between the door to the backstage. I quickly looked for them and didn't see them. I suddenly felt a tap on my shoulder... I froze and just stood there.

 "Excuse me?" He said.

I slowly turned around and I was now facing Bruno Mars. My mouth was wide open. So many emotions were going through my mind. I couldn't stop staring at his face.

 "Excuse me" he said again.

 I finally snapped out of it. I moved my mouth but no words came out. I tried again and managed to squeak out a "Hi.." still shocked that Bruno Mars was in front of me.

 "Yes, hi, is there any reason you followed me here?" He asked.

"I heard you singing on the street and I thought it was your voice and I wanted to see if it was, you!" I said trying to absorb all of this.

"Was I who you were expecting?" He asked with a grin.

"Yes!" I said smiling. Bruno smiled and showed his pearly whites. I thought to myself '"Wow, your beautiful..." I accidentally said it out loud.

 "Thank you." He said laughing

 I started blushing like crazy, "That was supposed to be a thought" I said embarrassed.

 "Don't worry about it, I believe I didn't catch your name?"

"My name is Adrienne, Adrienne Rodriguez." I said with the dumbest smile on my face.

 "It's a pleasure to meet you Adrienne" he said while shaking my hand. I started to blush again.