Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Adrienne's P.O.V.

          Bruno had me thinking about running off with him but my life is here.  I can't just up and go. Can I?  Who was I kidding!

          I quickly got in my car and sped off to the hair salon for Christine's wedding.  I looked at the time. Late. I was fucking late. Great.  When I arrived I was the last one there. By now the girls were getting their makeup done.

          "You're late." Christine said coldly walking up to me.

          "I know, I'm sorry.  You wouldn't believe me if I told you who I was with."

          "Just go to Tracy to get your hair done then go to Mel for make up."

          I nodded and went to go sit in the hairstylist chair.  We didn't say much, Tracy and I, she did my hair like the other girls.  A half up do, soft curls and pinned in the back.  After 45 minutes later, I went to get my make-up done.  The other bridesmaids proceeded to get their nails done.  Luckily mine were done so we would all be finished around the same time.         

          Mel loved to talk.  I tried to talk to her but she cut me off and started to talk about other things that I didn't really care about.  I just listened while she worked.

          After some time, I pulled out my phone to play a game.   One unread message was displayed on the screen.  I unlocked my phone to see who the message was from. To my surprise it was Bruno.

          I hope you have thought about going with me. We leave at midnight. Hope you join me. -B

          I sighed not knowing what to say. I put my phone away not wanting to play a game now.

          "Guy troubles?" Mel asked feeling the mood in the air change. 

          "Something like that."

          She nodded and continued my makeup in silence.  Little while later she finished and the rest of the girls were finishing up.  The ceremony starts at one.  I looked at the clock and it was 11:45.

          "Alright ladies." Christine said trying to gather her bridesmaids. "Meet me at the church in a half an hour." She turned to me and looked right at me "And try not to be late, Adrienne." I nodded and looked down knowing that all eyes were on me.

          I sighed and walked out of the salon digging in my purse trying to find my car keys.  Once I located them I unlocked the car and got in. I just sat there and looked at myself in the review mirror. I wouldn't say that I looked beautiful but I did look decent with my hair and makeup done. I rested my head on the steering wheel feeling stressed for some reason.  Or maybe it was because of how late Bruno and I stayed out and the headache I just now noticed that I had, probably from the night before. Let's face it, I was tired and confused.

           I started my car and decided to go to the reception place to see if everything was coming along. On the way there, with the radio playing in the background, Just The Way You Are came on. I sighed and turned the station not wanting to hear Bruno's voice at the moment.

          I parked when I had arrived at the hotel and walked to the room. Everything was looking great.  It looked like the DJ had just started setting up. From across the hall, I heard the loud thud of drums behind closed doors.  I walked to the double doors and peaked my head in.  I watched with my head in the door way until Bruno cut off the band. I slipped in and sat down quietly in a chair to watch. 

          "What's the matter bro? You're off." Phil asked Bruno through the microphone. His voice echoing through the whole room.

          "I know I am." He sounded stressed.  Maybe he gets like this before shows.  He sighed and spoke again looking at Eric. "Let's go again."

          "1,2,1,2,3,4" Eric counted out loud and hit his drum sticks together. Locked Out of Heaven started to play. 

          They sounded and looked good with all of them dancing and singing together, but that's coming from me.  I don't have a musical ear. I've never touched and instrument let alone play one.  I felt my phone vibrate seeing 8 text messages from Christine.  "Shit." I said quickly and got up ran to my car not caring if the guys were to see me leave.  I knew I was in trouble.

          I was once again in my car driving as fast as I could to the church.  The ceremony doesn't start for another half an hour but we still need to be there for Christine and get her in her dress. When I arrived at the Church I ran inside to her room.  I took a deep breath before knocking softly.  One of the girls answered the door.  She gave a death glare.  She opened the door more and all eyes were on me.  2 of the other girls were lacing up Chris in her dress. I put my head down and walked to an empty chair in the corner.  Someone should've made a dunce hat because that's exactly what I felt like.  Lydia, one of Chris's bridesmaids, came over and sat by me.  We went to high school together and hung out a few times in the past.

          "What's going on with you today? You're never like this."  She said in a serious but in a caring way.

          "Lydia, I don't even know. I'm never late for anything.  Anything!"

          "I know you're not. Just get it together."

          I nodded and didn't respond. Now that I think about it. Bruno has made me late for everything.  There's another reason not to go; be late for everything. Am I really looking for reasons not to go?

          "She looks so happy, doesn't she?" Lydia said interrupting my thoughts.

          "She really looks beautiful."  I responded staring at Christine. Her dress was long around her hour glass figure.  She had a sweet heart neckline and a beaded bust.  In the back it laced up.

Stunning.

          "Adrienne?"  Christine called out my name.

          "Yes?" I stood up ready for what she was about to say.

          "Would you mind putting the veil on me?"

          "Of course." I walked over and grabbed the veil, she smiled at me and put it on her head spreading the tool over her shoulders.

          She looked beautiful.

          I stepped back so she could admire herself in the mirror.

          "It looks great. I think I'm ready." She said turning around. She put her arms out for a hug and all 7 of us bridesmaids went to give her a group hug.

          "Thank you girls, for everything. I love you all, so much.  Now let's go do this thing because I need a drink!" She said laughing.

          We all laughed and released from our group embrace. Then we waited for the ceremony to start.

______________________

Hope you liked the chapter.

What do you think Adrienne will choose?

Let me know in the comments. 

I love reading your comments by the way.  Thank you for the support. I really appreciate it.

Like and comment and all that good stuff.

Xoxo ~ Lindsay