1 ~ People!

ALICE'S P.O.V.

I was walking through the woods making no sound. I had my bow loaded, I knew walkers were close. I didn't look forward to run into a few of them unprepared.

Ater walking around for a few hours, I was hungry so I was about to take my backpack off, when I heard leaves rustling. I stopped dead in my tracks, looking around, gripping my bow tighter, placing an arrow loosily on it, without pulling the string.

Suddenly I heard screams and they were really close. I jumped slightly and my bow immediately shot up as I expected to see myself surrounded by walkers.

Wait, walkers don't scream, they only groan and these were the screams of children... Immediately I heard more shouting, also from adults. That meant people!

I hadn't seen people in about 2 weeks! I heard more screams. It sounded like they were in trouble. I started running towards the screams. As I got closer they sounded louder and louder.

Soon I saw a young boy and a girl running and I was right in time to see the girl tripping. Behind them was a walker and a dead deer with arrows sticking out of its back. Wait, arrows? Walkers don't use weapons...

Focus on helping the kids for God's sake!

I just needed to get a little closer but the walker was already at the girl and bent down on her. It were just a few centimeters before he bit her...

He suddenly fell back due to the force of my arrow hitting his head, straight in the eye and piercing through his brain. The heads of the boy and girl shot up, fear in their eyes.

Right at the time I stepped out of the trees, other people came running in sight with panic all over their faces.

"Sophia!" "Carl!" A few women ran to the children and hugged them while the men raised their weapons to attack me or at least to defend themselves and the others.

I just walked up to the dead walker and pulled my arrow out of his head. They are valuable, especially in these times. I nodded to the people before turning around and walking towards the woods again.

I didn't want to go in a group again, I didn't have really good memories of that. When I first heard people I was happy that I wasn't the only one out here and that I could go in a group again, but then I thought about being in the last group and changed my mind.

"Wait! Who are you?" I heard one of the men ask. I think he was the leader of the group, he stood in front of everyone. He was quite handsome but he looked like he didn't trust me. Slowly I turned around again and raised my eyebrow.

"What does it matter? I saved your kids and now I'll leave again." I said back, quite harsh actually.

They just looked at me and I shrugged my shoulders and was ready to leave when I heard one of the women talk. She was hugging the boy.

"Thank you." I just nodded and wanted to leave finally but she already spoke again.

"Don't you want to stay with us? You saved our children and apparently you can protect us. We need everyone we can have."

I looked around thinking. One of the men with dark, a bit curly hair stepped forward.

"How do we know if we can trust her? She's just a stranger." he said looking at me.

I scoffed. "Excuse me, I just saved your kids, sorry for that. I should have let them bit by him." I scoffed, pointing at the walker.

"No, Shane, Lori's right. Do you want to stay?" the leader asked me. Before I could even react or think, branches snapped right behind me.