8 ~ Satan's Dogs

DARYL'S P.O.V.

"What's to stop my people from unloading on you right here and now and I take what's mine?"

"You could do that." Rick said. There fell a short silence, before Rick looked up to the roof of the building next to theirs.

"Or not." he said as we all watched T-Dog, aiming his gun on Guillermo's head. Guillermo just looked at him, not impressed by the gun that could kill him every second now.

"Oye!" he suddenly yelled over his shoulder. I looked up at the roof of their own building, seeing three guys walking to the edge.

Two with guns and one with a bag over his head. As they were at the ledge, one of the men pulled off the bag.

It was Glenn. He had tape over his mouth and he was trembling, being so scared. We had to do something. And we needed to do it fast.

"I see two options. You come back with Miguel and my bag of guns, everybody walks. Or you come back locked and loaded. We'll see which side spills more blood." Guillermo threatened. But it didn't really sound like a threat, his voice was soft and even quite kind.

It just wasn't right. Not at all.

Guillermo turned around, together with all his men that were outside. They walked through the huge doors, which immediately closed as soon as they were inside.

What are we going to do?

***

"Them guns are worth more than gold. Gold won't protect your family or put food on the table. You're gonna give that up for that kid?" I asked. I couldn't believe that Rick wanted to go back. I mean, ofcourse, it's Glenn, but these are guns. Guns. The difference between life and death. But Rick ignored me and went on with loading the guns and checking them.

"Are you kidding me?" Alice stepped towards me. "Of course we are going back to get him! It's Glenn! We ain't leaving him behind!" she yelled in my face.

"Calm down, Alice. You really need to stay calm in situations like this. You'll get us in trouble if you go on like this." Rick said annoyed.

"We are already in trouble, aren't we?" she scoffed softly, only I could hear it because she was standing so close to me. I chuckled, I quite like her recklessness.

"If I knew we'd get Glenn back, I might agree. But you think that vato across the way is just gonna hand him over?" T-Dog asked scepical. I nodded in agreement, looking at Rick for an answer.

"You calling G a liar?" Miguelito said, looking up at T-Dog.

"Are you a part of this? You want to hold onto your teeth?" I shouted, slapping Miguelito on his head. Stupid kid.

"Question is, do you trust that man's word?" T-Dog asked Rick, after a short silence.

"No, question is, what are you willing to bet on it? Could be more than them guns. Could be your life... Glenn worth that to you?" I asked.

"What life I have I owe to him. I was nobody to Glenn, just some idiot stuck in a tank. He could've walked away, but he didn't. Neither will I." Rick said.

"So you're gonna hand the guns over." I stated. We've lost the guns, we didn't find Merle...

"I didn't say that." Rick said, making my head snap up in surprise.

"There's nothing keeping you three here. You should get out, head back to camp." Rick said. That confused me. Is he serious? Before I could say something T-Dog already talked.