10 ~ Irritations

ALICE'S P.O.V.

I broke at the sight of the lifeless body of the girl who had become a good friend of me in such a short time. My legs couldn't hold me anymore and I sunk to the ground.

I didn't even try to hold back the tears, so they just streamed down my cheeks without a sound. I wasn't sobbing, there were just tears.

I felt an arm wrap around me, and when I looked up I was surprised to see Daryl's blue eyes looking down on me. I leaned into his chest, starting to shake uncontrollably. He pulled me closer, wrapping his other arm around me too.

Andrea was crying out Amy's name, like she would return from the dead because of that. Everyone looked around to the dead bodies, from walkers and humans.

All that could be heard were sobs.

***

Daryl was busy slamming the brains of every dead body with his pickaxe, while Glenn and T-Dog dragged them to a fire to burn them.

It was late in the morning now, the sun was burning hot while we were all busy doing our own things to clean this all up.

I walked to the group were Rick, Shane, Lori, Dale and Carol were. Carol lost her husband in the 'fight', but she didn't seem to be very affected by it. Not that she should be, according to Amy he abused her.

Amy... I looked to the place where her body was, her brains were still intact, which worried many of us, and I was one of them. But Andrea didn't let us do it. She still sat there, not talking to anyone. She just looked at Amy's face.

The others were talking, but I hadn't paid attention until I heard Daryl speak up. I didn't even notice him arriving here.

"Y'all can't be serious. Let that girl hamstring us? The dead girl's a time bomb." he said, pointing to Amy.

"What do you suggest?" Rick asked. When he wanted to talk to Andrea, she held her gun up to his head, not even giving him the chance to talk. He had to back away.

Daryl walked closer to Rick. "Take the shot. Clean, in the brain from here. Hell, I can hit a turkey between the eyes from this distance." I rolled my eyes slightly at him showing off a bit. But he was right though.

"No. For God's sakes, let her be." Lori hissed, meaning Andrea.

We all just looked at each other, no one knew what to do with this situation.

After a few seconds Daryl walked away, knowing we wouldn't 'kill' Amy, at least not yet.

He walked to Morales, and helped him with a body. They dragged him towards a fire to burn it.

"What are you guys doing? This is for geeks. Our people go over there." Glenn pointed to the other direction, but Daryl and Morales ignored him and kept dragging the body towards the fire.

"What's the difference? They're all infected." Daryl grunted to Glenn. I started walking towards them too, I didn't want them to start fighting.

"Our people go in that row over there. We don't burn them!" Glenn suddenly yelled, pointing again to the other place. "We bury them. Understand?" his voice was now calm and soft.

Daryl and Morales looked at each other, hesitating.

"Our people go in that row over there." Glenn repeated, his voice not more than a whisper.

Daryl looked at me, still not really sure about what they were going to do. I nodded to him, looking at both of them and they slowly started to drag the body to the other place.