Chapter 9

It was Sunday. I hadn't spoken to any of the boys since yesterday. I was still sick but Jill was here with me. She was sitting on a chair next to my bed looking at her phone while I explained to her what happened yesterday. I didn't mention Ethan coming back or that would cause problems.

"And then I shut the door in their faces and they started to bang on my door so I could open it but I just ignored it. What do I do?" I turned to face Jill.

"I'm not sure Eli. I've never had three boys fighting over me like that. But I know that it's stupid of them to act that way." She frowned and shrugged her shoulders.

Then, my phone rang. It was my mom. I answered it and she asked how I was doing. Apparently Jill told her that I was sick and I turned to glare at Jill. She smiled and left the room to give me privacy.

"I hope you're focusing on your studies. Remember, career first and then men." Her voice turned strict and I winced, if only she knew the situation I was in at the moment.

"Of course mom. Don't worry, it's just my friends and I. Girl friends, to be clear. No boys, like you always said." I told her in an innocent, almost forced, voice.

"Good. I'll leave you alone now. Tell Jill I said hi. Bye sweetheart." She hung up before I could say goodbye to her.

Jill came into the room with a confused face. "Um, what was the no boys thing about?" I forgot she was here.

"My mom doesn't want me getting involved with guys until I'm settled with my career. She never let me hang out with boys, only Nico, even though he was never allowed to visit. So I never had any boy friends. Which is why I've never had a boyfriend." I sighed and looked at my phone.

"Eli! That's such a sad story! I'm sorry. I didn't know that. I guess I was a little forcing on you with boys." She sat on the chair and held my hand in a reassuring way.

"I really don't think it's a sad story, but thank you. That's why I don't know how to handle these boys." I smiled at her.

"You know what? I'm gonna knock some sense into these boys. How fucking dare they hurt you! I'll be back later." Jill ran out before I could stop her.

What is she going to say to them! I hope she doesn't ruin anything. She can get a little overboard when it comes to boys.

**Jill's POV**

I ran out of the room before Eli could stop me. These boys are causing her stress and that's the last thing she needs. Especially since she's sick. Who should I see first? Maybe I should of thought of that.

I'll go see Mason. In my opinion, he's the cutest one. Aside from Charles but, I don't know anything about him so I'll see him later. That's Mason's dorm!

I knocked on the door and Mason's roommate opened the door. His name was Jaxon. He was dark-skinned and tall. He had very handsome and sharp features with brown eyes and black hair.

"Are you here for Mason? I'm guessing you are. MASON! A GIRL IS HERE FOR YOU!" He yelled at Mason and left.

"Jill? Why are you here? I thought it was Eli." Mason sighed and leaned against the door frame.

"Eli? Eli! How dare you! You inconsiderate bitch." I slapped him. He really was a fuckboy. He only wants girls to go after him.

"Hey! Why did you do that?" He touched his cheek that had turned red.

"Eli isn't going to come crawling to you like you're used to with all the other girls. You're the one who hurt her feelings by acting like she was a toy. I expect an apology to her by Tuesday." I strutted away before Mason said anything. Then, I heard the door shut, angrily.

I smiled proudly and headed to Charles's dorm. I don't know how to act around him. I've never spoken to him so I don't know what to expect from him.

I knocked on his door and he answered. "Hi, my name is Jill. I'm Eli's friend. Best friend." I smiled and stood up straight.

"Hello Jill. Eli told me about you. Did you need something?" He looked confused.

"I heard about yesterday and I just wanted to say, you hurt Eli. You acted as if she were a toy and now she feels bad." I was a bit nervous speaking to him, he was so proper.

"My apologies. I wasn't considerate about her feelings. I feel terrible, I did not know this would happen." He frowned and looked at me.

I stiffened at his gaze. "I don't need an apology. Eli needs it and I expect her to have it by Tuesday."

"Right. I'm sorry for causing trouble. Excuse me." He smiled and shut the door.

He was so proper. I couldn't believe he fell in love with a girl like Eli. She's so lucky and he wasn't even rude to me! What an interesting guy.

Next was Nico. I expected more from him since he is Eli's best friend. I was sort of jealous, I wanted to be Eli's first best friend.

I knocked on his door. No one answered. I knocked again and again. Still no answer. Where is this guy? I turned the doorknob and the door opened. Why is his door unlocked?

I stepped in and looked around. I heard music coming from his bedroom. I banged on the door and the music stopped. I heard shuffling around and finally Nico answered the door.

"Oh. It's just you. What do you want?" His expression was blank, it shocked me.

"What's wrong with you? This isn't you at all! What happened?" I couldn't believe he wasn't smiling, there's not been a day in his life when he doesn't smile.

"I can't believe all those guys actually like Eli. I thought I had a chance but no. They just come out of nowhere and take her away." He ran his fingers through his messy hair.

"Stop feeling sorry for yourself and apologize to her. If you love her then you have to let her know. She doesn't know a thing about love and you're not helping!" I stood my ground and looked at him straight in the eyes.

"Fine. Just let me think about it." He sighed.

"Give her an apology by Tuesday. Oh, and take a shower." I laughed and walked out.

A deadline by Tuesday should help the boys get ready. I smiled as I walked back to Eli's room. This should help her find who she truly likes out of all the guys.

**Eli's POV**

What's taking her so long? I'm worried. This is bad. She's going to make things worse!

Just then I heard my door open. It was Jill. I sighed in relief as she came into my bedroom with a smile on her face.

"Everything will be just fine! I can't tell you what happened but I fixed everything!" She giggled.

"What do you mean you can't tell me? What did you do?" This can't be good.

"You'll have to wait and see. Sorry!" She smiled and scrolled through her phone.

I guess I'll just have to wait and see, as Jill puts it. I'm getting anxious. What did she say to the boys? What will they do?