Chapter 3

It was finally Friday and I was chatting with Jill in my dorm. She was telling me how excited she was to go to the game with Ethan. Then she asked me how I felt about Nico asking me to the game.

"I mean, he's my best friend, so I'm happy that he invited me." I told Jill, smiling.

"Maybe he'll ask you out? Or maybe you'll kiss! Or maybe..."

I interrupted Jill before she went further. "Jill, I told you he's just my friend."

She frowned and nodded her head, knowing that she wouldn't win me over. She then went back to saying that Mason was in the football team and he was going to play. I didn't care.

It was 10 a.m so I didn't have class for another 30 minutes. I decided to meet Nico at the hang out hall. I sat next to Nico when I spotted him and we started talking about the game.

"Where should we meet?" I asked Nico.

"Can you wait for me by the entrance? I might be a little late, I have to stop at work." He told me.

"Oh? For what?"

He smiled, "Its not important."

Wondering what Nico ment I walked to sciences. What does he mean it's not important? Why didn't he want to tell me? I shook away my thoughts and headed towards my seat.

Mason was talking to two girls sitting behind us. "You know, I'm going to be playing in tonight's game. You'll watch me, right?" He said with a wink.

The girls giggled and I rolled my eyes. Are they really that gullible?

Mason turned towards me and was going to say something but class started as soon as he opened his mouth. He turned away and took out his homework. He actually completed it? That's surprising. I took out my homework too and looked at it proudly. I finished it in less than 20 minutes, it was easy.

I went on with my day. I went to the lake, as always, after my classes were over and went to talk to Jill and Ethan. Jill had the biggest smile plastered on her face.

"Whats up Jill?" I asked her.

"You're going with Nico!" She said squealing. Ethan looked away.

"Calm down Jill, it's not that serious." I told her.

"Come on! It's going to be magical!" She said with a twinkle in her eyes. I laughed and started rewriting my notes.

Ethan was quiet for the rest of the afternoon. He only spoke when Jill asked him something. Why was he like that? I thought it was pretty rude but that wasn't my problem.

~~~~~

I was getting ready for the football game. What should I wear? It'll be a bit chilly so I should put on a cardigan. I slipped on my black Vans and looked at my hair one last time. It looks fine. I thought as I walked to the football field.

I arrived and checked my phone. 6:50 p.m it read. The game started at 7:30 p.m so it gave me time to wait for Nico. I walked towards the entrance and saw Ethan there leaning against the entrance wall.

"Hey Ethan, are you waiting for Jill?" I asked him. He looked down at the floor and said yeah.

I stood there awkwardly when he finally spoke up. "I'm guessing you're waiting for Nico?" He asked.

"Yeah, he said he'd be here by seven so I'm just waiting here." I said.

A few minutes of awkward silence passed by and I spotted Jill walking towards us. She hugged Ethan and grabbed his hand. Then she turned towards me. "Is Nico not here yet?" She asked.